Chapter 55: Kindred Spirits

"Ugh darn it!" Sam exclaimed as she smacks her club down on the ground. Her, Tucker and I were at the golf course playing alittle bit of mini golf when she swings her ball and it flies towards the windmill. But the fan blocks the ball from going through the tunnel underneath it. "18th hole, Sam. I beat you two here, I win." Sam growls as I just roll my eye while Tucker places his ball down and begins to swing but the ball disappears.

"That's one." I said with a smirk. Tucker swings again but the ball disappears again. "And two." Sam said with a satisfied smirk. Tucker swings and misses again. "And three." I said.

"Four." Sam said as Tucker makes another failed attempt. Then he swings one more time but the ball disappears again. "And five." I said. Sam and I started to chuckle while Tucker growls. He bends down to pick up the ball but it floats up a few inches off the ground and Danny's head and right hand appear from the ground. "Boo." He said.

Tucker screams then he turns to Danny. "Danny knock it off." he said. "Yeah you were supposed to be here an hour ago." I said, annoyed. Sam turns to Tucker and said. "By the way, that still counts." Danny smiles and he sets the ball down and goes behind a building to turn back to a human. "Uh sorry I was late. But you'll be happy to know that the ghost king won't be...." He started to say until he saw our faces of anger. "....okay. I overslept." Danny said as he runs his right hand behind his head.

"Ugh Danny. You have got to start being more considerate." Sam said.

"Yeah, dude. Lately you've been treating us like sidekicks instead of friends. At least when you get into a fight, (y/n) does her best to save our butts because you tend to leave us to take the beatings." Tucker said.

"Oh come on. Name one time." Danny said, arms folded across his chest.

"Hmmm, let's think. The molasses factory fight with Skulker." I said.

"The time we had to take the Ghost dog back into the Ghost Zone." Tucker said.

"Or how about that time we fought The Lunch Lady." Sam said.

"Okay, okay I get it. I'll try to be a little more considerate." Danny said just as both of our ghost sense goes off. "Starting tomorrow." He said and the two of us run behind a building and go ghost as we see people screaming and running away as a ghost covered in a bedsheet flies about. We fly towards the Ghost and fire some ecto beams at it. 

The Ghost slams into one of the decoration of the golf course but it came back and punched Danny in the face while I ducked from blow then I did a spin kick at him and he flies and hits another building. 

He slides down it as Danny and I approach him. "Seriously, a bed sheet? What do ya got under there?" Danny asked, chuckling. I leaned down and pulled off the sheet, revealing a skeleton. The both of us gasp as the skeleton smacks me away. I fall on my side and lift my head to see the skeleton pinning Danny to the ground. "Change back." it said with a spooky sounding voice. "Get off of him!" I shout as I throw an ecto beam at him.

The skeleton flies back and lands in front of the windmill. The ghost floats up but Danny raises his hand and sends a very powerful ecto-beam at the Ghost, destroying not only the Ghost but the windmill as well. We looked around at the destruction that we caused, Danny grabs my hand and said. "We gotta get out of here!" And the two of us fly away.

"Guys, I'm sorry. But If we stuck around somebody could have figured out our secret identity." Danny said over the phone to Sam and Tucker. I was flying close to him and I could hear Tucker say. "Sorry doesn't get us out of having to clean up this golf course."  

"And sorry doesn't clean it either!" I heard Sam shout. I sigh as I feel guilty for leaving them there. We make it to his house and we fly into his room and turn human as Danny says. "I know. I know. And I appreciate it, but--uh--" we look over and see a little girl sitting on his bed, reading a comic book. "Can we help you?" Danny asked her as we approached his bed. "Yes!" Sam shouted over the phone. "No! Not you." I shouted at the phone.