Young Remus X Reader

A/N: I'm going into the Marauder's era for some stories I suppose...Vote! :)

Warnings: Um..a swear word? Or two?

"Come on, Sev. If they come up to us, i'll ruin them if they taunt you, I swear. Please just come on, you know full well why I want to be out there, anyway." You say hopefully to your best friend, Severus Snape, trying to convince him to go outside to study for today. He wasn't necessarily interested, as the quad, Potter, Pettigrew, Black and Lupin would surely be out there to taunt him. And, he knew about your little crush on Remus, who would normally call the trio off on bullying people. That's why you loved him. He would always save people from his friends' bullying, and hated seeing people hurt. He was basically the definition of perfect. He was overly nice to people who deserved it, his green eyes being the most beautiful thing you've ever seen, his knowledge was amazing, and little did he know that you knew of his secret, of what he was. But you didn't care one bit. It made you like him more, if at all possible.

"Y/N, you had better call them off if they come up to us, which i am sure they will, because I am doing this for you. Only because your utterly hopeless crush on Remus, will I study with you outside today, Y/N. What do you even see in him? He's a prat, to be honest..."
"He is NOT a prat! How about you? What's so special about Lily, Severus? Hm?"

"Fine...Let's just go.." He mutters.

You knew he was right, your crush on Remus was hopeless. His friends despised you, as you were a Slytherin and were best friends with Severus Snape, who they hated more than almost anyone. So that rendered the fact that there was a chance of Remus liking you back, utterly hopeless.

You sat outside, under your favourite beech tree by the black lake with Severus, studying. Until you were quite rudely disrupted by voices.

"Oi! Snivellus! What do we have here? L/N and Snivellus sitting together, how romantic.." Potter said, Sirius and Peter catcalling from behind him. You get up, setting your books to the side, anger coursing through you.
"Potter, why don't you just sod off?! It's really not your business what I or Severus do, and just leave us alone! You always have to bully him just for your own selfish ways because you know he will always be smarter and better than you, because you're just a lowlife that bullies people for personal entertainment! You are way below him, and always will be, you stupid git. Can't you just leave him alone for once?" You basically yell, angry at yourself for convincing your best friend to come out now, because he should not have to deal with this.

The three boys laugh a bit at your outburst, while Remus just looks to the side. You wish he would talk to you sometimes, but there was zero chance in that.

"James...maybe you should lay off a bit..." Remus mutters. Your eyes widen. he hasn't ever stood up to James for Severus, why is he now?

"Right, yeah, don't go snogging each other to death now, will you?" James snickers, his cronies except Remus, laughing with him. You walk up to him and you can hear the sound of flesh on flesh, and it takes James a minute to process what had just happened. You slapped him, leaving him with an ugly red mark.
"Piss off, Potter." You say, barely audible. He sends an angry glare, and walks away with his lackeys following, except one. Remus approaches you, hoping you wouldn't yell at him. He kneels down in front of you, eye level even.

"I'm sorry about James...I try to contain him...Truly, sorry.." he says reluctantly, still thinking you were about to yell.

"Shove off, Lupin. We don't want to talk to you or your damn cronies." Severus breaks in, sneering.

"Sev, it's okay...It's alright. I'm sorry too, we'll stay inside next time, not to bother you guys." You say, disappointed you would now have to study inside and not be outside, whereas you loved it the most.

"No! It's quite alright, i'll make sure he stops pestering you. I apologize." Remus says, blushing. And you lean in, and kiss him. He's surprised, but hesitantly kisses back. You pull away, hearing catcalls from the trio, yelling things.

"Damn, Remus! Now we have to respect certain Slytherins!" Sirius yelled.

"Remus has finally done it!"

"Stop snogging, get over here, Remus!"

Remus smiles at you, to which you return. He walks away, with Severus saying

"Really, Y/N? You had to do that? Now I have to spend time with my taunters."

Sorry, Sev..I'm sure Remus will stop them.." You say lazily, as you notice a piece of parchment in your lap. You open it to read:

Meet me at the astronomy tower tonight at 9