Newt Scamander X Reader

A/N: I'm starting to write about our lil Noot, cause he's just the cutest thing. He's so adorable! Also, this is a songfic, and it's in Harry's era. His fourth year. When something is underlined it means its a flashback, just clarifying. Also, it's a bit longer than my other ones. This is my first songfic, so if it's bad, feel free to tell me!

Song prompt: Perfect by Ed Sheeran

I found a love for me

You were at the Yule ball, with the guy that had stolen your heart since day one. You had known him for years, and you couldn't deny that he was the most adorable kid in the world.

Darling just dive right in

As you two swayed to the music, you couldn't help but smile into his beautiful, sparkling eyes before you. He looked at you like you were the only girl he would ever love. The only girl he could ever love.

And follow my lead

He smiled as he closed his eyes momentarily, savoring the moments with you.

Well i found a girl beautiful and sweet

You thought back to when you were kids, before your time at Hogwarts, and when you would play with each other. The best friends you were.

I never knew that you were the someone waiting for me.

"Newt!" You yelled, laughing. You ran around the house, looking for your best friend.

Cause we were just kids when we fell in love

You slowly round a corner, seeing if you could find Newt, but to no avail. You let out an exasperated sigh.

Not knowing what it was

"Newt!" You yell again, running. You see a sliver of his face from around a corner, his bushy hair covering his eye that was closest to you. You smile.

I will not give you up this time

You slowly walk up to Newt while he can't see you, and jump on his back causing him to shriek and fall, with you on top of him. You smirk down at him. "Newwwtttt!! You weren't supposed to hide back there!" You yell, pouting jokingly. He smiles back at you. Both of you slowly realising your position, slowly leaning in.

But darling just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own

You smile widely at him, jumping off him and running after you made him kiss your cheek instead of your lips.
" Haha!" You Guys laugh, as you run around your yard after each other.

And in your eyes you're holding mine

He tackles you from behind, earning a real kiss after jumping on you. The adorable ten eat olds you were, knew you didn't know about love. But you both knew it was just a one time kiss as friends. And your parents thought it was adorable when they watched from the window.

Baby I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms

He opened his eyes, and you smiled more. You leant your head into his chest, as you slow danced with each other.