Ron X Reader

Warnings: I don't think there's any...

《Ron's POV》

I walk down the halls to find a group of Slytherin huddling over something. Or someone, rather. I can hear the cackling coming from them, and I look to try to see what it is they're laughing at. I see it's that new girl who had just transferred here. I'm pretty sure she's a mute, but in Ravenclaw. Their taunting got out of hand when I heard Malfoy hysterically laughing, and heard Parkinson tell her to kill herself.
"Oi! You bloody wankers! Sod off her, get the bloody hell away!" I yell at them. They just throw me dirty looks and head off, still cackling away. I look back down at the girl to see she's shaking in fear, and go to help her.
" Hey, you're that new girl aren't you?" I ask. She quickly nods, afraid I'd hurt her or taunt her.
"Its fine, I'm not here to hurt you." I offer my hand and she hesitantly takes it, helping her up.
"What class do you have next?" I ask, facepalming when I remember she's mute. "Sorry.." I mutter.
"In Ron by the way, Ron Weasley. Here, write down your next class and I'll walk you to it." I say, handing her parchment as she takes out her quill. She quickly scratches something down, passing it to me and I quickly read the word 'Potions'. Blimey, she's going to be having a fun time there. Snape won't have any of it with her not being able to talk. Luckily, I have the same class. I start making my way down to class, her by my side. I just realised I didn't know her name. I'd ask her or Harry later. We pass the group of Slytherins from before, lookingbour way when Malfoy had pointed towards us. They started cackling once again, and I quickly took the girls hand speeding us up muttering a quick "ignore them" as we went. We finally reached our classroom and found a seat near the back, I sat down with her. Harry came soon after and sat across from me. He smiles at the new girl, her returning it half heartedly. I scribbled on a piece of parchment passing it to Harry. He passed it back without the new girl noticing, and I read my words then his.
'Harry, what's her name?'
'Y/N, I think.'
I turn to Y/N.
'Wait, your name is Y/N, Right?" I ask.
She nods and smiles softly.
"Great! And this is Harry." I gesture to Harry.

Throughout potions class, Snape gave Y/N a hard time like I thought he would. Asking her questions she obviously couldn't answer, taking points away from her house for not being able to answer. The stupid slimy...my thoughts are cut off by Y/N approaching me. She smiles and I approach, eyes never leaving each others. I held contact a little too long, and finally look away after about a minute.
" Sorry.." I mutter.
"Its okay, Ron."
"Not really I me-" wait, did she just talk?! My head shit up towards her, and her smile fades, knowing full well what she's done.
"Im Sorry, I'm not mute. I don't know why people say that, they just got the idea because I don't talk much I suppose. But I'm not used to talking, which is why I never talk...past family problems.." She shrugs, bowing her head in shame.
"Blimey...well, don't let those bloody Slytherin taunt you any more for it. I'm glad you can talk though, I mean..we can make conversation now." I awkwardly scratch the back of my neck. She smiles warmly up at me, and I receive a kiss on the cheek. I can already feel my face burning to the colour of my hair, and I awkwardly smile at her. Let's just say that was the beginning of an awfully close friendship.

A/N: HOLY HELL THAT WAS SOOOO SHITTY. I'm sorry for poisoning you with my shitty writing guys. I hated that one actually but oh well I need chaps. Requests open bois, AAND STAY BEAUTIFUL MY DEAR READERS!!