Young Remus X Reader

Prompt ~~ Break up and make up

Request: Hello, um idk if you do marauders era requests or stories but if you do I was wondering if you could do one where its in thipr persons view and i was dating Remus but he broke it off W/ me and i sorta fell into depression kinda and we maybe get back together later or something? Lots of fluff. sorry if its too specific! thank you

Warnings: Mentions of Depression

"We're not working out."

Those words have been running through your head for days. Those words are the ones that killed you internally. Those words are the words that made you fall into depression. You hated those words. You hated your life. Why was it always you that got the bad luck? Everything seemed to be against you. You loved Remus Lupin, your boyfriend of seven months. But he broke it off with you, for reasons unbeknownst to you. What did you do wrong? He clearly didn't love you, that was clear.

*flashback*

Skipping happily down the hallway, on your way to charms. You had an almost perfect life. Amazing friends, supportive family, good grades, and an outrageously gorgeous and amazing boyfriend. Well, scratch that last part.

Turning a corner to go down a corridor towards your last class, you had run into Remus, your boyfriend.

"Oh! Hey, Remus." You say, kissing him lightly on the cheek. He stiffens, not looking you in the eyes.

"Um..hey, Y/N..." He says, still not daring to look you in the eyes, in fear that if he did he would break right there. His attitude towards you did not go unnoticed, though.

"Remus? What is it?" You ask him.

"Um..Y/N.." His voice slightly shaky.

"Yes?" You ask, becoming afraid of the answer.

"Y/N, we're not working out. I'm sorry." And with that, he took off down the hall, not casting a second glance at you. You skipped the rest of your classes that day, and missed all meals. Conscious of your weight, you refused to eat hardly anything the next few days, in hope maybe someone would like you for who you are. Little did you know, Remus took notice of your change in actions and grew worried about you.

*end of flashback*

You walked down to your next class, sitting instead of with Remus, with your close friend Severus.

"What happened to that jerk, Remus?" Severus asks coldly.

"Well..he broke up with me." You say, biting back the tears.

"Oh..I'm sorry." He says, placing a comforting hand on your shoulder.

"T-thanks." You stutter, feeling wetness on your face. You quickly wipe it with the sleeve of your robes, daring a glance at Remus. Of course, he was staring and you locked eyes with his sympathetic ones. You quickly turned back around, listening to your Transfiguration teacher lecture on.

You quickly rush to dinner, grabbing something small to eat before rushing back to your dormitory. You fell onto your bed, and immediately fell into a dreamless sleep.

You were awoken by a knock on your dormitory door, and you wince from the sudden sound.

"Y/N? Can we talk?" An all too familiar voice rings through your ears.

"What do you want, Remus?" You ask tiredly.

"I want to talk about things. I'm worried about you. Please, let me in." He pleads.

"No, You left me so leave me, i'm fine." (Whoever can guess my song reference gets a virtual cookie!)
"Y/N..Alohomora." I hear him mutter the incantation. He walks in, and once he sees me he immediately comes over to me and sits on the edge of my bed.
"Y/N, listen. I'm worried about you. You're never eating anything, I never see you anywhere outside of class. Are you okay?"

"What the hell do you think, Remus? You broke up with me, without even giving me a reason. I loved you, more than anything. And now i'm getting constantly bullied by your little trio and onlookers who shipped us. I don't even know what I did..." You trail off, tears escaping your eyes that you've held in for so long. He quickly wipes them from your face with his thumb, and pully you into an embrace. You hesitate at first, but quickly hug him back while he whispers simple nothings. His face buried into your hair, you pull away from him.

"Y/N, I'm sorry. I had a reason. you know that i'm a werewolf, and i'm scared to death of hurting you. I don't want you hurt, but it seems I hurt you by leaving you and i'm sorry. I love you, Y/N."

"Remus...I love you too. But you know I don't care about what you are. I love you, and thats what matters. If you really love me, don't leave me again.."
"Never. I'm so sorry..." He kisses you.

You don't know exactly what happened, but you were glad it did. You had your amazing boyfriend back, and for the most part, life was back to normal.