Harry X Reader

Warnings: Cheating, self consciousness.

Being part of the golden trio had it's perks. You were best friends with Hermione who would study with you whenever needed, Ronald was there to always make you laugh and he was sometimes actually quite supportive, and you got to be with your amazing boyfriend, the chosen one, Harry Potter.

Though stairs turned into slides when a girl tried to enter the boys dormitories, you always found your way up. You were currently laying on Harry's bed, arms outstretched, listening to him blabber on about how Malfoy had been chosen to be a death eater.
"Merlin, Harry, what if it isn't Malfoy? I understand where you're coming from but isn't he a bit young to be chosen? What could Voldemort possibly want with him? I know his father is one and all but..." You say to Harry, annoyance clear in your tone.
" Listen, Y/N, I don't know but I'm sure it's him. I can feel it..i just know. But I don't expect you to believe me." He mutters the last part, but you still hear it.
"Excuse me? It's not that I don't believe you, but you're being a bit unreasonable." You say, bolting upright.
"Unreasonable? I've seen him! He acts weirdly! His name just disappears off the marauders map, Y/N! Don't tell me I'm being unreasonable when it's clearly You, telling me I'm making false accusations! You're being stupid."
You scoff. "Yeah that's me. Harry Potter's stupid git of a girlfriend." You mutter, moving to get up.
" You kind of are being a git, you know. You're supposed to believe me and prove my points. You're supposed to be there for me. But I shouldn't have expected any more from you, you're always sticking up for Malfoy. People would think you'd be having a secret love with him and you probably are. Why else would you stick up for him?" Harry is almost shouting now, making you flinch, but not back down.
"How dare You? How dare You accuse your own girlfriend of having a secret love life with your rival? I stick up for him because I believe there's still good in him, Harry! I believe he's a good person when he wants to be! He's only a git because he has a damn reputation to uphold! But you don't care, you don't care about anyone except your stupid friends and your friends sister!" You yell as you slam the door behind You, running up to the girls dormitory and silently crying. Eventually, sleep took over you.

You woke up to darkness, assuming everyone was asleep. You tried to go back to sleep, but to no avail. You threw the covers off of you and got up, planning to go to the common room because you doubted anyone would be up this late. You opened the door slightly, and heard voices. You stepped back into the shadows and listened, and noticed it was Harry and Ron's sister, Ginny. You kept quiet, wanting to see what happens.
"I know, but I feel like she's lost interest in me. I think she likes Malfoy and she's like Ron, she eats non-stop and I can't help but wonder if she'll gain weight. She's pretty, I guess, but I don't want her to be even less pretty than she is, and I'll be made fun of if I'm dating someone who is overweight." You Hear Harry say. You suddenly felt a sharp pang in your stomach, and feel a wave of nausea from self consciousness. You knew you ate too much. What if you did gain weight and Harry hated you then?
"Well, you won't have to worry about that with me..." You hear Ginny's voice quiet, and rage surges through you. You see her lean in, and kiss Harry. But he kissed back, and that's what really got you. The kiss quickly turned into a heated make out session, and you purposely slammed the dormitory door making sure they heard, and ran into bed crying yourself to sleep.

The next morning, you're sitting in the great hall beside Harry, despite last nights conversation you overheard. You pick at the food on your plate, taking a small bite every now and then. Harry quickly noticed this.
"Babe, why aren't you eating?" Harry questions.
"Not hungry..." you mutter, not taking your eyes off your plate. He sends you a worried glance that you're sure is fake and turns back to his conversation he was having with his friends. And Ginny. That blasted self conceited...
You hear her laughing at a joke he had just made, and that was quite enough for you. You pushed your plate aside and got up, ignoring the looks you were gaining from the students around you. Harry grabs your hand.
"Babe? Why aren't you talking or eating this morning? What's wrong?"
You scoff. "Get your filthy hands off me and go snog Ginny some more. Leave me alone." But his grip doesn't falter. You feel rage inside of you.
" Babe? What are you talking about?" He asks innocently.
"Oh, like you don't know! I saw you in the common room last night, I also heard you. Good job on making me self conscious and now heart broken because of that-" you gesture to Ginny.
"Little self conceited bitch!" You hear gasps from all around you, the whole great hall has stopped what they were doing to watch. You storm off, catching Malfoy's eye before you leave and send him an apologetic look, seeing the worry in his eyes. You walk out with that and run outside to the black lake to a place you knew no one would find you.