Fred

Oki here's some angst for y'all because my new year has been nothin but shit and I feel like dying so here ya are

It's the battle of Hogwarts, and you're currently fighting to survive. Your boyfriend of three years, Fred Weasley, was alongside of you the whole time.

When Fred and his twin had left Hogwarts to run their joke shop, they asked you to accompany them. You politely declined, wanting to stay at Hogwarts and finish. Well, attempt to finish, now. You were only a year younger than Fred, and you certainly couldn't finish your years here, now.

As the battle raged on, you always kept a close eye on Fred to make sure he was always okay.

Unfortunately for you, as you turned for a little too long, as you fought off an approaching Death Eater, you turned just in time to see Fred get hit straight in the chest with the killing curse. It was as if everything was in slow motion. Your heart stopped, and you felt your breath hitch in your sore throat, as you watched Fred's once warm, brown eyes, fill with fear and regret.

You let out bloodcurdling screams, trying to get through the rubble to your boyfriend.

As you got to him, the tears cascaded roughly down your dirty cheeks, parting the dirt on your face. You fell to your knees, sobbing as you held Fred's now cold body in your arms. You didn't even know what was going on around you, nor did you care. All you cared about was that you had now lost the love of your life, and your screams were deafening to those around you. Some looked on at you in regret, others just simply shook their heads, attempting to stay strong in the battle.

You felt warm arms envelope you, and you heard the soft, rough voice of George. George. He lost a twin....i can only imagine how he feels...

" Hey, c'mere." He says, his face soaking almost as much as yours. You fall into his arms, as he sank to the ground to stay with you. Both of your bodies wracked with sobs in unison, tears soaking each other. But neither of you cared. You both had just lost what was most dear to you, and you couldn't dare to look back at Fred, for you knew you would likely vomit if you did.

You clung onto George as hard as your hands would let you, as you tried to regain your breath. He wouldn't let you go, no matter how much you tried to get out of his grasp. But you understood. He felt just like you did, if not worse. He had known Fred longer, shared his genes, and looked almost exactly like him. As you both stood there, the battle seemingly calmed down, giving you both little comfort. George finally let you pull away, and you looked up into his eyes, that were so much like Fred's. Your heart dropped at the thought.

"I love you almost as much as Fred did, and we're staying by each others sides, no matter what." George said, as you just nodded, unable to speak. He let out a breath, and hugged you again.

But one thing was sure, you would never get over this day, and you were glad for George. But on the other hand, George would remind you so much of Fred it was sometimes hard to not just break down then and there. But somehow, over the following years, you managed to mainly keep it together while you were in public. George had dyed his hair brown, because it reminded him of Fred. You thought it was cute, and hoped that wherever Fred was now, that he was happy.