26 (Greasy's Dinner)

The kids had dissapeared for a bit so I took Stan to Greasy's Diner.

Stan sat at the counter with me. "Waiter, give me a glass of the strongest most expired apple cider you've got."

"Sure thing, Mr. Pines."

Stan looked up. "Soos? What are you doing here?"

Soos cleaned out a glass. "Since the Mystery Shack shut down, I've had to take on a bunch of part-time jobs. Grave digger, bus driver, really awesome cook... Hey, is the kitchen supposed to have that much fire in it?"

"No, Soos." I shook my head. "It shouldn't."

Stan sighed. "You're a good man-child, Soos, but it's not lookin' good. This whole town loves Gideon and hates me. If only they knew how evil he really was!"

Soos walked over to Stan and put his hand on Stan's shoulder. "Hey, I'm here for you, dude."

"The entire lower half of your body is on fire." I said.

Soos shooshed me as smoke emerged from his back. "Shh, we're having a moment..."

"Soos. Get me a large order of chocolate chip pancakes." I set my hand on the counter.

"Right!" Soos ran off to the kitchen.

I took Stan's hand in mine. "Stan... It will be okay."

Stan sighed and picked up a Gideon pin. "How did you do it, kid? Why are you always one step ahead? Maybe he really is psychic after..." His hearing aid made a microphone feedback noise. "Ah! My hearing aid! What keeps causing that?"

"I don't know..."