14 (Grande Re-opening)

Soos leded people to see the grand re-opening of the Wax Museum Dipper was working in the stand with Wendy. I walked up behind them. "I can't believe this many people showed up. This wasn't all that big of an attraction in the past."

Wendy Corduroy turned to me. "I know, right? He probably bribed them or something."

Dipper smiled. "He bribed me." He helds up a dollar.

Wendy laughed and held up a dollar.

I laughed and turned as Stan cleared his throat in the microphone.

Stan stood on the stage addressing the audience. "You all know me, folks! Town darling, 'Mr. Mystery.' Please, ladies, control yourselves!"

I giggled as no one reacted.

"As you know," continued Stan, "I always bring the people of this fair town novelties and befuddlements, the likes of which the world, has never known. But enough about me. Behold... me!" Stan uncovered Wax Stan.

I clapped politely but not many others did.

"And now a word from our own Mabelangelo!" Stan offered her the microphone.

"It's Mabel." She took the microphone. "Thank you for coming! I made this sculpture with my own two hands! It's covered in my blood, sweat, tears, and other fluids!"

The entire audience was a bit disgusted by the idea. "Ugh! Ewwww!"

Mabel chuckled. "Yeah. I will now take questions!" She pointed to McGucket. "You there!"

"Old Man McGucket, local kook. Are the wax figures alive? And follow-up question, can I survive the wax-man uprising?"

"Um..." Mabel thought for a second. "Yes! Next question!" She pointed to Toby Determined.

Holding a turkey baster as if it was a microphone, Toby said, "Toby Determined, Gravity Falls Gossiper. Do you really think this constitutes a wonder of the world?"

Stan didn't let her answer. "Your microphone's a turkey baster, Toby. Next question." He pointed to Shandra Jimenez.

"Shandra Jimenez, a real reporter. Your flyers promised free pizza with admission to this event." She showed the flyer. "Is this true?"

The crowd complained in a loud uproar.

"That was a typo. Good night, everyone!" He used a smoke bomb to escape, taking the admission fee box with him.

"That makes sense now..." I smiled. "He just lied..."