Christmas Special (takes place on following Christmas)

"Jingle bells, Jingle bells, jingle all the waaaay!"

The music from Mabel's CD player blared throughout the house, the upbeat holiday song playing for what I believed to be the four hundred and twenty third time. Give or take a time or two.

"Oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh, hey!"

"Mabel! Next song!" I yelled. It was useless. There was no way she could hear me.

Dipper walked into the kitchen humming a different tune.

"Dipper, how are you not bothered by this?" I asked.

He pulled a small earplug like device from his ear. "Cordless ear buds." He put it back in.

"Thanks for the advice," I mumbled and covered my ears. It did very little to help. "I have to do something..." I decided to say something to Mabel. I walked up the stairs. "Mabel!" I opened the door.

Mabel scrambled to hide what she was doing.

I paused her music. "Mabel, sweet heart, I need you to change the song every now and then. My head is going to..." I stopped as a paper floated to the floor at my slippered feet. "Mabel... what are you doing?"

She grabbed the paper from my feet. "You'll think it's silly..."

"Silly? Mabel you're amazing, not silly..." I hugged her. "Now what are you up to?"
"I'm writing to Santa..."

"Now why would that be silly?" I held her at arms length. "I write him every year." I released her and pulled out an envelope. "I still have to mail it to him."

"You believe in Santa?"

"Of course I do!"

"I thought you might not since your a scientist and Dipper says mature people don't believe in Santa." Mabel crossed her arms.

"Who told you I was mature?" I teased. "I believe in all the legends. Santa, the Easter bunny, the tooth fairy, Jack Frost, the great pumpkin..." I giggled. "Okay, so not the great pumpkin."

"You believe in all of them?" Mabel stared up in awe.

"Of course." I sat beside her. "Can I tell you a story?"

"A true story? From your life?" Mabel nearly jumped up and down.

"Of course."

Mabel nodded. "Tell me!"

"How about we make a deal? If I tell you this story, you can't play jingle bells the rest of the week."

"You drive a hard bargain, sister!" She smiled. "You also have to wear sweaters by me! All week!"

"The uglier the better." I smiled. "When I was just a little older than you are, I met a boy as bright as snow..."