67 (Home)

Shandra's voice played from my car radio. "Good morning, Gravity Falls. It's another beautiful day, but every day is beautiful now that the...unpleasantness is over." As I slowly drove back through town I saw Lazy Susan wipe a drawing of Bill off one of her windows, Sprott was chasing Eye Bats out of his barn, Greg and Janice Valentino were still dealing with some zombies, and Tyler Cutebiker was standing on a podium in front of a crowd.

I paused to hear what Mayor Tyler had to say. "None of us really understand what just happened and none of us want to. That's why I'm passing the Never Mind All That Act. If anyone goes asking around about the 'events' of the last few days, what do we say? A banner reading "NEVER MIND ALL THAT" dropped.

The crowd cheered, "Never mind all that!"

I rolled my window back up and started for the shack.

Shandra continued. "In other news, the Northwest family has gone broke. After pledging his allegiance to Bill and then placing all his savings in weirdness bonds, Preston Northwest had to sell his mansion to preserve his family fortune." I drove by and saw Shandra reporting from the Northwest Manor with the Northwests and Fiddleford. "But fortunes have also turned for local maniac, Fiddleford McGucket, who, after regaining his sanity, has made millions overnight submitting his patents to the US government."

McGucket answered an unasked question. "I'm gonna buy me a bigger shed!... Hey, that one's for sale!"

Shandra continued as I neared the shack. "In other good news, town hero, Stanley Pines, has fully recovered his memory and will be throwing a party to celebrate his niece and nephew's thirteenth birthday and final day in town. But other than that, I can safely say our beloved Gravity Falls is back to normal." I turned off my truck, cutting off power to my radio.
I climbed out and retrieved the cake from my back seat. I set it before them where they'd waited for me.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday Dipper and Mabel. Happy birthday to you!" Everyone cheered. In the short amount of time it'd taken me to get home, the entire town had shown up.

Mabel smiled. "I can't believe you all got together just to throw a party for us."

Tyler smiled back. "After all the Pines family has done for the town, it's the least we could do. You've helped everyone here."

Gideon smiled. "Thanks to y'all savin' us, I'm gonna learn to open my heart to kindness. No more evil-doin'. From now on, I'm gonna try to be Li'l Gideon, regular ol' kid."

Soos remembered the candles. "Dudes! Make a wish, dawg."

Dipper looked around at us all. "You know, on my first day here, if you had asked me what I wanted, I would have said, 'adventure, mystery, true friends.' But looking here at all of you I realize that every wish came true." Dipper chuckled. "I have everything I wanted."

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I stepped off to answer it. "(Y/n) Pines. Who's speaking?"

"It's me, Mabel's mom, Jenny. You called a few days ago about having Mabel stay with you. We've decided that it would be best if..."