32 (Wedding)

I smiled at my son in his white suit. He was so handsome and I had dreamed of this day for so long. I'd just never imagined my baby boy to be wearing a veil or me wearing a wedding dress... I walked arm in arm down the aisle with him. Terry and his mother had lead the way for the procession and we were the end of it. We reached the end of the aisle.

The pastor addressed me. "(Y/n) Pines, do you support your child's decision to join together in holy matrimony with Terry, and do you vow to receive him as a member of your family from this day on?"

I took Jr's hands in mine. "With love in my heart for both Stanford and Terry, I joyfully do." A tear rolled down my cheek. "I give you away knowing you will be loved and..." I trailed off as a phone rang.

Terry's mother pulled it from her bra but before she could hang up Terry took it from her and answered. "Okay. I don't know or care who you are but we are busy and unless you're a telemarketer you know why!" He hung up. "Please finish."

I smiled again but not as wide. "I give you away knowing you will be loved and cared for through your life." I kissed his forehead and stepped off to the side.

"If there is anyone in attendance who has cause to believe that this couple should not be joined in marriage, you may speak now or forever hold your peace."

"I object!" A man busted through the back in formal wear. "I can't let you marry him, Jennifer! I love you!"

Jr turned around, furious. "This is my day! Leave!"

"Wrong wedding..." The man left awkwardly.

Jr. turned back to the minister. "Please continue."

The minister continued "As we celebrate this bond of unity today it is important that we keep in mind that, while this is certainly an occasion of tremendous joy, the promises we witness here today are serious and life-altering commitments. Love, it has been noted, is the reason we live. As Carl Sagan wisely deduced, 'the sum of all our evolution, our thinking and our accomplishments is love.' It is with simultaneous feelings of elation and expressions of respect that we proceed. At this time, before proceeding with the bonding ceremony, I would invite the couple to share their vows. Stanford Filbrick Pines Junior would you please deliver yours first?"

"I promise to love, honor and protect you. I will share the good times and achievements, as well as the hard times and disappointments. I will keep you in sickness and in sorrow, in health and in happiness. I will be faithful to you forevermore." Jr. grabbed Terry's hands. "My best friend, I give myself to you. I give you my heart, my soul, my smile, my promise to be with you in good times, when life is easy and our love is simple. My promise to comfort you in bad times, when life is hard and our love is challenged. My best friend, I cherish you. I hold you in the highest regard. I will support and encourage you. I respect you, adore you and I believe in you. You are beautiful, compassionate, warm and loving. My best friend, the only man I will ever love."

The minester turned to Terry. "And now Terry Maple, would you deliver your vows?"

"You are my one true love, my best friend and soul mate. You complete my spirit and compliment my soul. Today, before our family, friends and the heavens, I pledge my love to you, and promise to share, the rest of my life with you, the only man who could ever complete my life."

The minister directed his attention to Jr. "Stanford Filbrick Pines Junior do you take Terry James Maple as your cherished husband, in front of these witnesses, and promise to stay by his side through sickness and health, joy and sorrow, so long as you both shall live?"

Jr. smiled. "I do."

"Terry James Maple, will you take Stanford Filbrick Pines Junior  as your cherished husband, in front of these witnesses, and promise to stay by his side through sickness and health, joy and sorrow, so long as you both shall live?"

Terry smiled. "I do."

"Stanford Filbrick Pines Jr. and Terry James Maple, while the words you have spoken have sealed your union, it is the lighting of the unity candle that truly symbolizes the melding of your two souls." The minister handed Jr and Terry each a pre-lit taper candle. "You hold in your hands a single flame. Allow this flame to represent your life: every thought that's ever crossed your mind, and every word that's ever crossed your lips; all of your victories, and all of your failures; all of your joys, and all of your sorrows. And now, tilt these candles forward to light the center candle."

Jr. and Terry tilted their candles forward, attempting to light a larger candle centered on the alter between them. It wouldn't light. They kept trying to light it but it refused to light.
After five minutes of trying the minister moved along. "Watch as the two flames form one. So too, today, have your two spirits come together to form one singular entity. Just as your combined flame illuminates the space around it, let your magnificent union radiate with love and light your path as you move forward through life." The candle continued to smolder and mumbles of bad luck could be heard in the croud. The minister ignored it all. "The wedding rings perfectly symbolize the never-ending love you two have for each other. By exchanging these rings, you solidify a lifelong commitment to one another. The rings serve as a welcome and constant reminder of the bond you've formed with your partner."

I passed the wedding band to Stanford.

The minister continued. "Please repeat after me: I, Stanford Pines Junior give you, Terry Maple this ring as a symbol of my enduring love. Just as the circle of the ring completes itself, so you complete me."

"I-I, Stanford J-Junior Pines, give you, T-Terry Maple this ring as a s-symbol of my enduring l-love. Just as the circle of the ring c-completes itself, so you c-complete m-me." His hands shaking he attempted to put the ring on Terry and dropped it.

It ended up just under my dress and I picked it up. "Here you go, Jr. Now breathe and don't lock you're knees."

He took the ring and slipped it on Terry's hand.

The minister pretended nothing happened. "Terry, please repeat after me. I, Terry Maple, give you, Stanford Pines Jr. this ring as a symbol of my enduring love. Just as the circle of the ring completes itself, so you complete me."

Terry's mom gave Terry the ring.

"I, Terry James Maple, give you, Stanford Pines Jr. this ring as a symbol of my enduring love. Just as the circle of the ring completes itself, so you complete me." He attempted to slide the ring onto Jr's hand but it didn't fit. He tried the other fingers. He managed to squeeze it on Jr's pinky finger.

The minister acted like it happened all the time. "Stanford Filbrick Pines Jr. and Terry James Maple, by the power vested in me by the Universal Life Church and the state of California, I am pleased to pronounce you husband and husband, sealed together today both in law and in love. Stanford Filbrick Pines Jr, you may kiss the groom!"

Jr. and Terry lifted each others veils and kissed each other.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I now have the privilege of presenting Mr. and Mr. Stanford Filbrick Pines Jr. and Terry James Pines!"

First back up the aisle was the boys them me and Terry's mother followed by the normal procession.

A/n
My dog died and now I'm miserable. Don't give up on me though. I will be okay.