37 (Ford...)

Stan smiled at Ford and moved to hug him. "Finally! After all these long years of waiting, you're actually here! Brother!" Ford punched him in the face.

"Oh! Ow!" Stan fell to the ground. "What the heck was that for?!"

"This was an insanely risky move: restarting the portal! Didn't you read my warnings?!" He was definitely angry.

Stan waved him off. "Warnings, schmarnings. How's about maybe a thanks for saving you from what appears to be, I don't know, some kind of sci-fi side burn dimension?"

"Thank you? You really think I'm gonna thank you after what you DID THIRTY YEARS AGO?!" yelled Ford.

"What I did? Why, you ungrateful..." Stan tried to punch Ford but he ducked and grabbed him. "Don't expect me to go easy on you, just because you're... family." Ford slammed him to the ground. "Ah!"

"Ford..." I touched his shoulder but he didn't notice.

"Hey, hi. Mabel here. Quick question: WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE?" Mabel yelled.

"Stan, you didn't tell me there were children down here." Ford released Stan. "And some sort of large, hairless gopher?"

Soos laughed. "I get that a lot."

"They're your family, Poindexter. Shermy's grandkids and-"

Ford smiled. "I-I have a niece and nephew?" He shook Mabel's hand. "Greetings. Do kids still say greetings? I haven't been in this dimension for a really long time."

Mabel smiled in awe. "Whoa, a six-fingered handshake? It's a full finger friendlier than normal!"

Ford smiled. "Heha, I like this kid. She's weird."

"Ford..." I tried to catch his attention.
Dipper was freaking. "I-I can't believe it. You're the author of the journals!"

"Ford..." I said but he still didn't notice me. Ford was knelt to talk with Dipper.
"You've read my journals?"

"I haven't just read I've lived them!" Dipper waked in circles. "I've been waiting for so long to meet you, I-I don't know what to say I have so many question I" He started breathing heavily. "Oooooohhh I think I'm gonna throw up." 

"Ford! Stop ignoring me!" I yelled. "I have someone to introduce you too."

Ford put his hands on my shoulders. "Listen, there'll be time for introductions later." Ford turned to Stan. "But first, tell me, Stan: are there any security breaches? Does anyone else know about this portal?"

Stan crossed his arms. "No, just us. Also maybe the entire U.S. government."

Ford nearly jumped out of his skin. "The what?!"

I turned to Jr. "I'm sorry... For a genius, your father is an idiot."

Ford sighed. "Okay. It's all right. We've got a while before they find this room. We just need to lay low and think of a plan."

Mabel smiled. "Well, it looks like we're stuck down here for a while. Who wants to tell us their entire mysterious backstory?"

Ford crossed his arms. "Yes, I have some questions about this myself, Stanley."

Dipper was confused. "Stanley?"

Mabel pointed at Stan. "But your name is Stanford."

Ford rounded on Stan. "Wait, you took my name?! What have you been doing all these years, you knucklehead?"

Dipper crossed his arms. "Yeah, Grunkle Stan, no more lies! You owe us some answers: What's the deal with this portal? Why did you keep this a secret?"

Mabel frowned. "And what happened between you and your brother?"

Soos crossed his arms. "I hope all this aligns exactly with my fanfic, Stan. If not, I will be very disappointed."

"Okay okay, I have a lot of explaining to do. It all started... a lifetime ago... nineteen sixty something. Glass Shard Beach, New Jersey."

I grabbed Ford's arm and pulled him away. "I have to introduce you to someone."

"Okay. Okay. Hurry. Before he gets off course." Ford followed.

I lead Ford over to were Terry and Jr were waiting. "Stanford Filbrick Pines, meet Stanford Filbrick Pines Junior."

"Junior? I have a son?" Ford stared at Jr.

"No..." Jr responded. "This can't be real... I must be dreaming..."

"Ford..." Terry spoke to Jr. "This is not a dream."

Ford pulled out his wallet. "I kept it." He took out a picture of Jr in the womb.

"I..." Jr. looked at me. "I think I need to lie down..."

I pulled off my coat and balled it up. "Jr... here." I led him to a corner. "Lay here."

He laid down on the floor, my coat as his pillow.