Meeting For the First Time (Logicality)

Flower tattoo AU

Patton tapped his pen anxiously against the desk, watching the clock closely. He did this every day, and for a good reason. Every day, at the same time, he'd get home from his college classes and get a call from his boyfriend. His boyfriend lived in North Carolina, and they'd met online. They Skype called every day while Patton baked and completed his minuscule amounts of homework. Logan would always be working on his, but somehow always managed to be focusing on both things at the same time. Patton could love that about him more.

Today, he smiled as the seconds counted down. When the bell rang, he was out in a flash and home in five minutes. He waited by his laptop for the Skype bubble to pop up, only to find that it didn't. Patton's smile fell a little as he waited a little longer. Half an hour went by and he became certain that he wasn't getting a call from Logan.

He bit his lip, not being able to help the depressing and anxious thoughts. He glanced at his wrist, remembrance flashing through his mind. What if Logan has found his real soulmate? What if he never talked to him again? Patton soon had tears running down his cheeks. They were stupid and irrational worries to have over one missed call.

However, one missing call led to three. Then five. Then a week. Patton felt empty; he hadn't heard a word from his so called boyfriend in a week. No texts, no calls.

He found himself stopping by the store the next week, buying some blue and yellow flowers for an event his friend had invited him to. While stepping away from his cart, he received a text that it had been canceled, making him sigh heavily. Patton walked back to his cart to see a single yellow marigold left on his cart from the bouquet. Someone noticed him pick it up, and gasped.

"My apologies! I didn't realize this cart was still in use," they said as Patton sighed. He had the bouquet in his hands, and he didn't need to look up to know that.

"It's fine, I don't need them anyway," Patton said, handing the marigold to him. "You missed one though."

He still hadn't looked at the stranger, as he'd been keep his gaze low lately. The lack of communication with Logan had made him extremely self cautious. His online boyfriend had helped him immensely when it came to confidence.

The stranger hadn't said anything as Patton turned away. He felt a light tap on the shoulder. He turned, trying his best not to glare at him. "A flower for the trouble?" he asked, handing him a blue honeysuckle from the bouquet.

Patton's eyes widened as he took it, gaze immediately flicking to the identical flower on his wrist. That's when he finally looked up. His breath stopped in his throat, and the world seemed to disappear. Logan was standing in front of him. Logan has given him the flower that matched his wrist. Logan was his soulmate.

"L-Logan?!" Patton questioned, voice shaky. "What are you doing in Florida?! Why haven't you been talking to me?"

He laughed awkwardly. "Right, about that," Logan started. "I moved here. I didn't tell you because I wanted to surprise you, but I made a bad call not to at least text you to inform you nothing was wrong. It's been a hectic week of settling into my new place."

"You moved here? Why?" Patton asked incredulously.

"For one, I've gotten a job offer from a higher up at Disney to help design the rides and manage park safety," he explained. "And also," he paused to reach out and take Patton's hand, "I wanted to meet my boyfriend."

His eyes were wide and in awe. "How did you know I lived here?"

"The young man who offered me the job is a friend of yours," he said, thinking for a moment. "Roman Prince, I believe?"

Patton nodded in shock. "He's like my best friend since childhood! He knew about this?"

"Yes, and I'd like to apologize for all these complications," Logan said, sighing guilty. "I'm pleasantly surprised that we're soulmates on the other hand."

The cardigan wearing young man smiled wide and giggled happily. "How come we never figured it out? We've been dating for two years!"

"I suppose it only counts when you first meet them in person," he said with a smile.

"That's right! We've never met in person!" Patton remembered with a gasp.

His boyfriend slipped an arm around his waist. "There's another thing we haven't done yet," he said, leaning in to kiss him.

Patton gasped in shock but melted under his lips, smiling wide as he looped his arms around his shoulders. Logan pulled him closer, smiling as well. When they pulled away, they were panting and their eyes were sparkling. Giggling, Patton brushed noses with him.

"It's nice to know that I'm already in love with my soulmate, and that he's one hell of a kisser."