Suffocating Beauty (Logicality)

Requested.

Patton woke up feeling like he couldn't breathe. He launched out of his bed, running into his bathroom. His head was soon in the toilet bowl as he coughed. He was expecting some sort of vomit, but was shocked when he looked back into the blue water to see a flower petal. The sight made his ears ring as the world slowed down. He didn't know he could be so terrified of a flower petal in his life, but he was shaking as he flushed the toilet. Patton stood in front of the mirror, looking at his shaking and pale face. 

"He doesn't love me," was all he murmured as he smiled sadly. 

The shaking young man walked into his kitchen seeing the man he'd been talking about sitting at the table with a mug of coffee. "Good morning, Patton," he said with a small smile. He bit his lip as he coughed, feeling the petals in his throat. "Are you feeling alright?"

"N-No," he managed as he kept his back to him. Patton could never bring himself to lie to him, even when he wanted to.

The man stood up to put his now empty mug into the dishwasher, making him turn so that his back was still to him. He noticed, eyebrows furrowing together. "Patton, are you sick, or emotionally hurting?" he questioned, concern lacing his voice. 

"I have Hanahaki, Logan..." he replied simply, staring at his hands resting on the counter.

His friend let out a gasp as he moved to pull him to face him. "What?" he questioned, looking horrified and worried. Patton just looked up with a dull expression. "Who is it?"

"What does that matter? What matters is that he doesn't love me, so I'm going to die," he replied with a sad smile as tears dripped from his eyes. Logan looked shattered to see him so heartbroken.

"Patton, please get the surgery," he pleaded, hugging him. 

His friend shook his head. "I don't want it," he mumbled, burying his face into his chest. 

"Maybe he'll fall in love with you before the disease kills you," Logan suggested, trying to be optimistic. Patton just smiled sadly as he snuggled into his embrace. The reality of their situation hit his friend like a truck as tears sprang to his eyes. "I don't want you to leave me..."

"Logan, can you please make my last few months amazing?" Patton asked, ignoring the thought of dying as he pulled away. "Take me to the carnival, take me to get ice cream or watch the sunset or something just... wonderful-"

He was cut off by a fit of coughs, petals falling into his hands. They both looked at them in sorrow, but Logan nodded, wiping his tears. "Of course, anything for you, Patton."

Logan over the next two months took him anywhere and everywhere he wanted to go, constantly checking on how bad his disease was getting. They were now walking through a park during the sunset, side by side as they enjoyed each other's company. When they sat down to watch the sun sink below the horizon, Logan's eyes widened. He realized something. 

He was in love with Patton.

He was in love with his smile, his laugh, the way his eyes sparkled in the dying light of the sun, the way his hair blew in the breeze, and how he hadn't stopped smiling despite having a fatal illness.

Logan started to worry. What if he was to get Hanahaki now that he'd developed feelings for Patton? He'd never said who it was, just that it didn't matter. "Hey Patton?" he asked quietly. He looked at him expectantly to continue. "Have you coughed at all today?"

"I... I don't think so actually... that's weird," he said with a shrug.

His friend's eyes widened as he became more attentive. "Patton, who is that you developed feelings for that were unrequited?" he asked quickly. He looked shocked, but smiled sadly.

"You, Logan..." he murmured. "It's always been you."

Logan jumped to his feet with a shout, surprising Patton as he was pulled to his feet and embraced. "You're cured! You're going to be alright!" he exclaimed as he spun them around. "I love you too, Patton!"

"W-What?" he asked as he smiled wide and disbelieving.

"Over these past couple months, I've developed feelings for you, my love," Logan said as he held Patton's face with smile. "I didn't see you that way before, but I see you that way now and I will always see you this way from now on."

The man in front of him started crying with joy as he lunged forward to press their lips together gently. They kissed each other until they couldn't breathe, Patton laughing at the way his new boyfriend gasped for air. "Now you know how I've been feeling! Try having flowers constantly suffocating you for two months!" 

"If it means you'd fall in love with me like it was the other way around, it'd be worth it," Logan said with a smile as he kissed Patton again. When they pulled away, he said those three little words that left the other speechless. "I love you."

Patton kissed him briefly before replying. "I've loved you too!"

Requested by this person: