Chapter 83

Sofi's POV

I made it back to Camp only to find it pretty much barren, all of the tents were empty and Normani, Dinah and Ally were nowhere to be seen. I longed for anyone to latch onto in hopes they would keep me distracted and away from Phaidra, i would've taken Tyrus at this point but even his useless ass was gone too. They couldn't have gone far, a whole pack of Werewolves doesn't just up and leave for no reason. I figured i had nothing to lose by continuing to walk through the camp, the more walking i did the further away i was from a certain someone given that she actually did come back here same as i did. God, that whole thing was such an epic mess, i should've seen it coming from a mile away and called myself out on all my bizarro behavior.  I could have put a stop to it then and there, eurgh and what's worse is i was the one who kissed her, what in the world could have possessed me to do that?

That's not me! I don't make the first move, i'm a Cabello. Girls chase me. Not to sound conceited or anything, i'm just not very interested in people, so one time out of a previous grand total of zero still counts i just wanted to make it sound more astounding than it actually was. Whatever, so i reacted badly, i've never had a real relationship before and i'm entirely set on whether i want to have one with a centuries old Vampire that seems to have some weird fascination with me; and who told me her deepest, darkest, saddest story ever! How was i not supposed to have some weird feelings for her, and how was i supposed to know that those weird feelings would compel my body to smush my face against hers like some kind of animal. Eurgh! Liking people is annoying!

'Hey Cutie' HOLY FUCKING SH-

'Phaidra! You scared the ever loving hell out of me!' i yelled while repeatedly hitting her arm. 

'I figured you'd be with Lauren and the others but when i saw you standing here having a breakdown instead i thought i'd help snap you out of it' she explained and i looked appreciative for a moment before hitting her again. 

'I was not having a breakdown' i argued and she ruffled my hair. 

'You were having a something' she teased and i tried grabbing her hand to make her stop. After a few moments i finally got it and held it away from me expecting her to retaliate but when she didn't i turned to see what was wrong only to find a far off look on her face like she was waiting for something. 

'Phaid, what's-'

'Shhh' she said hushing me and whisking us both from the middle of the walk way to the side of a rickety stone wall nearby. I mention how rigid this thing was because one of the stones poked me right in the back and out of surprise i let out a sound that could have been mistaken for a moan, and i know this because Phaidra was looking at me with her big red fuck me eyes or maybe her let-me-bite-you eyes, either way i was far too hot and bothered for said girl to be covering my mouth right now. 'Listen' she instructed me, and with great struggle i quickly accustomed myself to her being in my personal space (my very, nearly, almost personal space) and focused my hearing. 

'C'mon dude, Matty's waiting for us. That Jauregui chick is in for a nasty surprise when we step into the arena!' Jauregui? Oh god, what's Lauren gotten herself into this time? Whatever it is, it doesn't sound like much of a fair fight. 

'Don't you just love how the rules don't apply when Vamps are involved, stupid blood sucker should never have stuck her nose in Werewolf business' 

When Camila comes back and i don't want to strangle the life out of her, please remind me to ask what the hell she was thinking when she brought not one, not two, but four Vampires into Werewolf country. And then, leaves all four of said Vampires alone and unsupervised i mean really, that is just an accident waiting to happen. I'm honestly surprised they've lived this long but apparently Lauren's time is running out. I can only guess this has something to do with the power play for the Alpha takeover, knowing Halsey she probably elected Lauren as her substitute and that idiotic ebony haired Vampire no doubt accepted. Now who's the suicidal one Lauren!? Pot, meet kettle. This could get ugly, like really ugly, if we step in to intervene there could be an all out war. Lauren might actually have to deal with this one on her own.