one

~Emma's POV~

"Emma what are you doing here?" My mother questioned without saying hello.

"Well hello to you too. Yeah my day was good thanks for asking. Oh and yes my drive here was safe and smooth. I would love to come in." I say in a sarcastic manner. She quickly apologizes and invites me in.

My dad then comes down saying, "Mary we need more lightbulbs." My mother and I didn't say anything and just wait for him to notice my presence on his own. He was looking at is phone when my mom forced herself to clear her throat, making him look up. He said, "sweetheart, are you okay." My mother's eyes darted over to me, signaling my dad to look in my direction, finally acknowledging my presence. "Oh my gosh! Emma, I didn't even see you there. I'm sorry. How are you?"

"I'm great, how are you."

"I'm great too," he replied.

"Well I'm going to go bake a cake," my mom said as if she was waiting for our interaction to be over.

My dad walk over to me and said in a soft voice, "did you go by the sheriff's station, I'm looking for a new deputy?"

"No," I said in the same tone.

"We the job is yours if you want it." he said.

"Thanks, I would love to accept that offer," I said with gratitude. I haven't been completely honest with my parents. I've actually been back in Storybrooke for the past week for a case and was about to leave. Well, not without saying hello to my parents first. I guess to that hello doesn't have to have a goodbye included.

I tell my dad that I half to go back to Boston, so that I can pack up my apartment. I walk over to my mother who is preparing the kitchen for baking and tell her that I'm staying in Storybrooke and have to go back to Boston to pack. She hugs me and tells me how excited she is and how much she loves me.

After I say good bye to my parents I pick up a newspaper and go to the section about renting apartments. I see one that suits me and call the number on the page for relator.

A kind voice answers the phone and says, "hello, my name is Tilly, how may I help you?"

I reply, "hi, my name is Emma Swan, and I was wondering if you could should me the apartment shown above the number."

With excitement in her voice, she says, "I'd be glad to. Can you meet me there in ten minutes?" and I say yes.

I arrived at the apartment within the ten minute timespan and she greeted me. With the keys in her hand, she opened the door and allowed me to walk in first. The apartment was a loft and was already furnished. I took a picture too. I don't know why but I took a picture of half of the apartment.

Tilly said, "it's been on the market for a while now and it's your if you want it

Tilly said, "it's been on the market for a while now and it's your if you want it. It has two full bathrooms, four bedrooms; but one of them could be an office, the master bedroom is upstairs and so is one of the bathrooms. And as you can see it is fully furnished."

"Where do I sign?" I say with eagerness. She pulled out the papers not expecting me to make my decision so quickly. She handed them to me and pointed where to sign. After signing the paperwork, she went into the details about the rent and when it's due.

The loft was perfect and was my new home. It was also huge. She a handed me the keys and left. I left shortly after her to get on the rode to Boston to pick up my things.

The drive went by quickly. When I arrived at my apartment I packed my things leaving the furniture. I only had a few things but it was enough to fill up my yellow punch buggy. I drove back to Storybrooke and arrived before 2AM.

I was tired and didn't feel like taking all the boxes in, so I just went up with my phone, charger, some clothes, and toiletries. As soon as I got in I showered and got ready for bed. I fell asleep with ease.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N
Don't forget to vote
Hopefully the chapters will start to gain some length.
Wish me luck.

~~~~C. R. Welsh