fifty-three

Sorry in advance for any mistakes

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~Emma's POV~

"Mom! Dylan's crying!" Henry yells. I get up and make way through our home to find her.

"Where is she?" I ask Henry.

"She's by Queso's cage. I think something's wrong with him." I walk to Queso's room. It's a small room. The door is closed, but I can hear crying from the inside.

"Dylan." I knock on the door out of habit. I open it and see Dylan crying on the other side of the room. I then see Queso. It's clear that he passed away.

"Mommy Queso won't wake up!" Dylan sobs. I go to her and pick her up. I take her out the room and close the door. "Mommy."

"Dylan I'm sorry to tell you this, but Queso passed away."

"Do dat mean he die?" She cries.

"Yes sweetie." Dylan actually already understands death. She gets the gist/basics of it. One because Regina and I explained it to her when Mateó's two fish died and two because of all the scary movies we watch.

"Can we have a fun-neral for him? So he can go to old Macdonald's big farm in da sky." She sniffles. "I don't want him to be a lonely ghost." She cries.

"Yes."

"We gotta invite everybody cuz Queso hadda lotta fwiends."

"Okay... how are you feeling sweetie?"

"Sad... really sad... really really sad." She cries. I pick her up again and start walking towards my room. I open the door and see Regina is walking around. Dylan's face is buried in my neck. I hold it there to make sure she doesn't lift her head up. I make sure she can still breath.

"Babe." I say. "I have Dylan and we have some sad news." Regina turns around and nods. She was just walking around in a bra and panties. She put on some pants and a t-shirt. I set Dylan down and she wipes her eyes.

"Mamá." Dylan whimpers.

"Yes bebé." Dylan starts sobbing again as she walks to Regina. Regina meets her halfway and sits on her knees in front on Dylan. "Bebé what's wrong?" Reginas eyes quickly flash over to mine, but snap back to Dylan's when she starts speaking again.

"Mamá Queso die." She sobs. Regina immediately hugs her. "Can you come ta him fun-neral?"

"Of course bebé."

"Can you help do it too?"

"Plan the funeral?" Dylan nods. "I'll help you plan it. We'll do it tomorrow."

*

Queso was pretty damn popular. There's at least 20 people here. It's a legit mini funeral. Regina can really plan an event in short notice.
We're all in the backyard in black at a funeral for a pig. There's chairs and funeral programs too.

Dylan is standing at by the mini casket and she's about to speak.

"Tank you for coming everybody." She says. "You can sit down." We sit in the neatly arranged folding chairs. "First we will have some words by my sister, Munchkin." Dylan comes to her seat that's in between Regina and I. Dani steps up to the platform that Dylan was just on and starts speaking.

"Dearly beloved, we gather here today to honor the memory of our friend, Queso McChicken Swan-Mills I (the first). That was his full name. Most knew him as Queso. Queso's life was sadly cut short at a young age. He enjoyed many things, such as spending time with friends and family, Dylan, and dancing to his favorite song, milkshake. Queso will be missed very much." Dani sits in her seat and Alexa replaces her previous spot.