eleven

(A/N: this chapter is going to have time lapses. I did mention that I might use them in the first A/N message. So I'm just letting you know now, that there will be time lapses. Don't worry though, I will most likely write in a few flashbacks in future chapters. I'm only doing this because I don't know what to write about, due to writer's block or not wanting to spend too much time in certain period. I also have a feeling that this chapter and the next will be important.)

~~~~C. R. Welsh

••••••••••••••••••••

-several months later-

~Emma's POV~

It's the end of March and Gina is due within the next two weeks. We found out the twins were going to be identical girls. We're all so excited about soon to new edition to our family. We already have names for our girls too.

Gina's birthday is tomorrow and I'm taking her out and a little later on, for lunch. She'll be turning 28. I got her a necklace that has an engraving inscribed in it.

It's late, so I get ready for bed and Gina does the same. She's wearing short cotton shorts and a tank top. I'm wearing shorts and t-shirt with a messy bun to top it off.

-morning-

"Emma wake up!" Gina says shaking me.

"What, what! What do you want?" I ask still half asleep.

"My water broke," she says so calmly.

"What do you want me to do about it?" I say. To be honest, I don't know what she said. I'm still asleep. I shake my head to at least try to wake myself up and ask her to repeat what she said.

"I said my water broke. So wake your ass up and take me to the hospital," she says.

"What do you mean your water broke?" I say getting out of the bed. "Aren't they due in two weeks?" She's look at me like I'm a dumbass.

"Emma stop with all the stupid questions and help me up," she says sternly. I walk over to her and pull on her arms to get out of bed. "Emma don't forget the baby bags and the car seats," she reminds me.

"The car seats are already in the car," I say.

"Okay," she says going down the stairs. She grabs on to the railing with both hands and yells,"Fuck!" as she goes through a contraction. She meets me at the bottom of the stairs and takes her phone out my hand. She dials a number and brings the phone to her ear. "Hola Mamá... yeah I'm doing fine and yourself... that's good," she says. I literally just watching her have a whole conversation on the phone. "Well Mamá I was calling to ask if Dani could stay with you for a few more days," she says walking to the door and opening it. "Why? Because I'm in labor... yeah mom I have to go. I'll call you later," and hangs up. I'm looking at her with the keys and bags in my hand and she says, "can you unlock the car door, please?"

"Yeah," I say walking to the passenger side door and opening it for her. I toss the bags in the backseat and get in the car. I put my hand out, which was a mistake, and she grabs it. "I love you Regina," I say.

"Emma do you think I'm going to die or something?" She ask.

"What! No! Why on earth would you think that?" I ask.

"Then stop calling me Regina. You never call me that and I freaks me out when you do. And I love you too," she vents. She squeezes my hand and that lets me know that she's having a contraction. "Breathe Gina. We're almost there," I say trying to sooth her. "Talk to me Gina. Say something so I know you're okay."