thirty-four

~Regina's POV~

It's just Dylan and I here at the house, while Emma's at work. She's playing with her toys at the coffee table and I'm doing some cleaning. Once I'm done sweeping, I go sit on the couch to watch tv.

"Mamá." Dylan says with her arms up. I pick her up and sit her in my lap.

"Dylan are you feeling better?" She shakes her head no against my chest. I feel her arms wrap around me and tighten. "What's wrong bebé."

"Mamá my tummy." She winces.

"Do you want me to rub your tummy for you?" She nods. I turn her around on my lap and lift her shirt up. "Dylan who drew on your stomach?"

She looks down. "Mommy draw a face to make me feel better."

"But it's a sad face."

"Mommy say she draw a new face when I feel better."

"Okay bebé

"Okay bebé." I say starting to rub her belly. Emma always draws faces on the kids bellies when their sick to cheer them up. She even got special markers that you can put on your skin.

"Mamá quiero leche." She says turning around. I fix her position and expose my right breast. Ever since she's started breastfeeding again, she's been a lot more relaxed. She has less anxiety attacks. In order to keep lactating, I take this pill once a week and it's been working.

I stand up with her in my hands, turn the tv off, and walk to the kitchen. I grab some water to drink out the fridge and walk to the master bedroom.

~Emma's POV~

"Mommy can you come get me?" Munchkin says over the phone.

"What happened? I thought you were having a good time with your dad."

"I am... I just wanna go home. Can you come get me?"

"Yes I'll be there soon."

~Dani's POV~

I've spent enough time here with my dad. We have nothing in common. He's trying too hard, but I would never tell him that. My little brother Roland is cool and we get along. I get this weird feeling from my dad's wife— it's like she doesn't like me. I just wanna go home.

Fifteen minutes go by and I get a call from mommy saying that she's here.

"Bye Dad." I say. "My Mom is here."

"Okay. Bye Danielle. I wish you could've stayed longer. Get home safe." He says looking at me. He's the only person who calls me by my full name, Danielle.

I grab my bag and open the door. Mommy gets out the car to help me with my bag. She waves to my dad to be polite. He's standing on the porch.

"All set munchkin." Mommy says getting into the car. The car ride home was quite. I didn't want to talk about being there. When we get home, mommy grabs my bag out the back and locks the car door.