twenty-nine

~Regina's POV~

"Emma it's well passed diner time. When are you coming home?"

"Gina I don't know. I just got slammed with a new case and I need to go over everything. Please just go to sleep. I'll be home soon."

"Emma I can't. I don't sleep the same without you."

"I know baby, but I have to work. I'm almost done, I'll be home soon."

"Emma." I whine.

"I'll see you at home okay. I gotta go. Bye I love you."

"I love you too bye." Tonight is about to be a long night.

"Mamá." I hear a little voice say. I turn around yo see Dylan.

"Dylan what are you doing up it's late."

"Mommy post to read me a story."

"Oh bebé. Mommy's not going to be here until later. Do you want me to read to you?"

"Can you do the voices?"

"I can try."

"Okay." I take her hand and walk to her room. "Mommy read to me in that chair. I sit on her lap too."

"Alright. Dónde está el libró
(where is the book)." She hands me a book. There's one problem, it's in French. "Bebé no hablo francés (I don't speak French)." I say to her.

"But it's my favorite." She says with puppy eyes and a puckered lip.

"Bebé do you have a second favorite."

"Yes."

"Can you get it." She hands me the book. It's called, "One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish." It's in Spanish too.

She's still awake by the time I finish reading

She's still awake by the time I finish reading. "Mamá you didn't do the voices."

"I don't know how to do the voices."

"Well it come from the heart. You have to read with passion." A familiar voice says in the doorway.

"Mommy!" Dylan says.

"Hey Dylan." She says.

"Where's La Belle et la Bête at (Beauty and the beast at)?"

"Mamá say she can't read in French."

"Well we'll have to teach her." Emma and I swap places and she starts to read to Dylan. I go to our room to get ready for bed.