sixty-five

~Emma's POV~

I'm about to change the boys diapers. I lay Javi across my lap. I pull his pants down and undo his diaper. I look down and see his penis for the first time. They aren't circumcised. I quickly change their diapers and go to back to my bedroom.

"Regina they aren't circumcised?!"

"Yeah, the decision wasn't up to me." She answers.

"They should be circumcised. An uncircumcised penis is more likely to get infections." She looks at me.

"Emma what's the big deal? It's just some skin." She shrugs.

"Regina all the Swan boys get circumcised. It's part of my religion."

"You're barely Jewish."

I look at her shocked. "Regina that was low. I am Jewish. I was raised as Jewish up until fourteen. Just because I don't practice the religion doesn't mean I'm not a Jew. They're getting circumcised."

"How they're three years old?"

"You can get circumcised at any age."

"Fine, we'll get them circumcised. Set up the appointment and I'll sign." She lays on the bed. "Why is important that they get they get circumcised?" She asks looking me in my eyes.

I grab a note pad and a pen. I sit on the bed next to her. "Draw a dick." I say. She laughs and takes the pen. "Now look what you just drew. Did you draw foreskin?"

"No." She looks at me.

"Two, like I said Swan boys get circumcised. Even Dylan is circumcised. Three, risk of infections. Four, foreskin is nasty and looks weird. No offense."

"Emma saying no offense makes it more offensive."

"True... But why you wanna untuck your dick?"

"Okay I get it now. You want them circumcised."

"Javi, José, where'd you go?" They come out the closet holding various articles of clothing. Javi has a bra on his head and a sock on his whole arm. José managed to get a shirt on but he's wearing it like pants. He has a sweater around his waist.

"The hell?!" Regina says finally looking at them. "Emma why are you just watching them? Look, they made a mess and they're wearing my clothes."

"Babe just relax. They're boys exploring. Look at how happy they are."

"I mamá." Javi says to his brother.

"I mommy."

"Are they mocking us?" I ask.

"Yeah." Regina chuckles.

"Gimme kiss papi." Javi says. José give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye Gina." José mocks my giddy voice. They walk over to us.

"Stop copying us." I say.

They look at each other and then me. "Stop copying us!" They say in unison making Regina laugh. Regina takes the clothes off of them– I'd like to take the clothes off her. Get out of the gutter Emma–. She sets them on the bed but slide off and start walking away.

"Where ya going?"

"Henwy." They say.

"So Emma." Regina moves closer to me. She starts touching me.

"You tryna start something?" I asks with squinted eyes.

"Like what?" She moves over on to my lap; straddling me. "Hmm?"