sixty-three

-morning-

~Avery's POV~

I got it. She says this all the time and I didn't even realize it till know. She wants a treehouse. She even has a picture and journal that she keeps in a secret place.

I wait for Dylan to leave her room. She always uses the bathroom in the morning. I walk in the room and go to her bed. I lay on my stomach and grab the drawing book. I walk out and go back to my room. I sit on my bed and open to the first page. She has very detailed drawings of her treehouse. I flip through the whole book. I helped her write things down, but it was only to get her out my room or for her to do something for me. I feel bad about that now. She's only ever told me about her tree house. She afraid to ask because she thinks moms are gonna say no. I close the book and wrap it in a t-shirt just to be on the safe side. I walk to my moms' room and knock on the door.

"Come in." Mamá says. I open it and close it behind me.

"Moms." I say to them. They're sitting on the bed cuddling. "I know how to make it up to Dylan."

"And how is that?" Mamá asks.

"A treehouse."

They both chuckle. "What do you mean 'a treehouse?' Dylan has never said she wanted a treehouse." Mom says.

"I took what you said into consideration. I even slept on it. Dylan wants a treehouse."

"How do you know this bebé?" Mamá asks.

"She told me."

"That's not enough."

"I have proof." I unwrap the book and hold it up.

"What's that bebé?"

"It's a book of the treehouse. Dylan and I have been working on it here and there. We stopped about two months ago. It's full now. It's very detailed." I walk to the side of the bed and hand mamá the book.

She opens it. On the second and third pages are a little sticky. I didn't try to pry them apart when I was reading it, fearing that I would rip the pages. Mamá carefully slides one of her painted fingernails between the pages.

"This belongs to Dylan and her big sister Avery. Our treehouse." Mamá reads aloud. I forgot she wrote that. It doesn't even fit in the box that's printed on the page. Mamá holds the book between she and mom and flip through the pages. Once they're done, they close the book and look at me.

"Can we do it please?" I asks. "This would mean the world to her... to us." I ask.

"Yes." Mom says.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Why not?"

"Can we do it like how they do it on the show? The person goes away for some time and when they come back, there's a treehouse for them."

"I'll see what I can do. Dylan likes to be in the house a lot. If you find a place for her to go that she'll like to be for a period of time, then yes, we can do it that way." Mom says.

"Can you help me with cost? I definitely don't have enough money."

Mom chuckles. "That was the plan."

"Okay. Thank you so much. I just know she'll love it." I start walking towards the door, but I stop before opening it. "As for the place for her to go, Ruby and Dorothy's house. She says it feels like home there because two girl love each other just like mommy and mamá. Her words exactly." I walk out the room and back to my room. I left the book in moms' room.

**

-a week and a half later-

The treehouse is nearly done. Dylan has been out of the house the whole time. She doesn't even know why she had to leave, but she was happy to because she was going to Ruby and Dorothy's. She has no idea what's going on.