two

~Emma's POV~

Today was Saturday and my dad said I could start work on Wednesday. I know, of all days and he picks Wednesday. Who starts a new job on a Wednesday? He said it was because he had to get my office space ready.

I was still in my pjs and didn't feel like changing. I went outside to go get the boxes from the car. On my second trip to my car, I wasn't paying attention to surroundings and a little girl ran into me, hitting me in my crotch, causing me to fall to my knees. A woman soon came running up to the little girl and I. The girl stood up and said sorry and looked like she was about to cry. I said to her "please don't cry, I'll be alright."

She let out a few tears and said, "okay, I'm really sorry." She sounded like she was about to cry.

The only reason her running into my crotch hurt more is because of the fact that I have penis— I'm intersex.

The woman started to speak and said "are you okay miss?"
I was still in pain. The little girl had a lot of momentum. I looked at the woman with an honest face and said no. She then asked if she could help me up and held her hand out in my direction. I took her hand in mine and she pulled me up. I was still in a little bit of pain. She looked at me and asked, "can I help you get to your house?"

I nodded and said, "yes." I pointed to the direction of my apartment door and gave her the key. She took it with an almost confused look but quickly realized as to why I had given her the keys. She unlocked it and called over, to who I assumed was her daughter, "Dani, benaki." The little girl followed suit. She went in first. I was leaning against the pole, when the woman came over to me and put my arm around her shoulders. My weight was now on her and she helped me walk up the stairs that led to my apartment.

Once we got into the apartment she asked, " where should I lay you down."

I simply told her, "on the couch."

She asked me a question, but I didn't hear her because I was honestly distracted by her beauty. She repeated, "do need ice?"

"Yes, can do me another favor and get it out the freezer for me please?"

"Sí," she said. She came back five minutes later with a ice wrapped in wash cloth. "I hope you don't mind, pero I used a wash cloth of your to wrap the ice in," she said handing it to me.

I smiled at the woman and took it from her and said, "no, I don't mind at all."

She sat next to me and asked, "¿como te llamas?"
I told her my name is Emma Swan. She had a surprised look on her face as if she was shocked that I could understand her. I asked the same thing in the same way and she answered with, "me llamo Regina." I smile at the mention of her name as so did she.
"Regina"

"Yes"

"Me gusta tu nombre"

"Gracias," she said with a beautiful smile. Then her facial expression changed. Her face now possessed a pondering look. "I hope you don't mind me asking this, but why did Dani running into hurt you so much? When she runs into me it does hurt as long and as much as it's hurt you."

"Well," I start off. "It's because I have a penis due to me being intersex." I don't know why I just told her that. Only a few people know and they're close to me. From past experiences, I only tell those who I know are going to accept me for who I am. It's just something about this woman makes feel like I have a connection.

She's still looking at me. Her face shows acceptance and she says, "that's cool, I used to date an intersex person."

Dani was coloring on some coloring pages from her backpack at an empty desk by the window. She walked over to us and politely said, "excuse me, mamá, estoy cansada."
"hay una cama con su nombre arriba si quiere acostarse (there's a bed upstairs with your name on it if you want to lie down)."
Dani's face lit up with both shock and excitement. "ud habla español como mamá y yo (you speak Spanish like mama and I)."