forty-five

~Regina's POV~

This morning I woke up with my right wrists handcuffed to the bed. I went to bed naked and now I have on Emma's t-shirt and a pair of shorts. There's a note next to in the nightstand with Emma's cursive writing on it. I pick it up and read it aloud.

"Dear Gina,

You might be wondering why your handcuffed to our bed and why I'm not in bed with you. In order for me to give you your anniversary gift, I need you to be here. I'm sorry I didn't wake you up with kisses, but I promise I'll make up for it. I will be back soon. There's also bell that will be near this note. Ring it for your breakfast. The key is also on the nightstand in case you have to pee. If you do release yourself to use the bathroom, please do not leave the room.

I love you with all my heart. Happy anniversary Regina.

-Emma"

I don't have to pee, but I am hungry. I pick up the bell and ring it. I no time there's breakfast in front of me.

"Good morning Regina." August says entering the room.

"Good morning August."

"Happy anniversary."

"Thank you. Are you in on this too?"

"In on what? I'm just bringing you your breakfast." He shrugs. He makes sure that I'm all set before leaving.

Some time passes and I hear my phone ring. I answer it.

"Hello."

"Yellow." I know it's Emma. "Good morning and happy anniversary Gina."

"Thank you and happy anniversary Emma."

"Have you unlocked yourself already?"

"No."

"Okay. You can do that now. I need you to go in to the living room and August will still be there. He will tell you what's next. You can also get dressed."

"Okay."

"Alright I'll see you soon. I love you."

"I love you too." I hang up, un-handcuff myself, and get dressed. I go into the bathroom to do my hygiene.

"August?" I call out looking for him.

"I'm right here."

"Emma called me and told me to come out."

"Okay good. Did you enjoy your breakfast?"

"Yes."

"So Emma asked me to blindfold you for this part." He says standing up. I see the black blindfold in his hand. He tries around my eyes. "How many fingers and I holding up?"

"Eight."

"Lucky guess. Can you see?"

"No."

"I'm gonna guide you to the back door and outside to the backyard."

"Okay." I feel him take my arm and take me to the back door. I hear the door open and August giving me directions. We walk down the stairs of the deck and a little further in to the yard. He stops me and tells me to wait.