sixty-seven

~Regina's POV~

"But daddy... I don't wanna." I hear Emma whine on the phone. It still amazes me how she calls her father daddy sometimes. She glares at me for laughing at her. "No... shut up Regina." I only laugh harder. "Bye dad." She tosses her phone on the bed.

"But daddy I want it." I mock and laugh harder.

"Stop it Gina." She pouts. Her phone rings again. She picks it up. "It's my dad." She answers the call. "What." She mutters. "Hello father." She fake gags. "No I'm not busy tonight... what! Daddy that's not fair. It's Monday and you're not even at the station." She whines. "Fine." She hangs up and throws her phone at the wall. She slides out the bed.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"My dad is making me come into work for graveyard shift." She pouts. "My phone is cracked." She says walking passed the electronic.

"Why didn't you tell him about Dylan's performance?"

"Oh shit!" She groans and slaps her forehead. "I forgot about that." Right on time Dylan comes in the room with the biggest smile.

"Mommy are getting ready for my recital?" She asks with hope. Emma's face softens. She kneels down in front of Dylan with a sad face.

"Dylan, I'm sorry but I can't come to your recital. I have to go to work."

"But you said you would come." Dylan pouts as she becomes sad.

"I know... I'm sorry."

"No you're not. You said that last time." Dylan pushes Emma away. "You said you would come this time... you lied." Dylan starts crying and our hearts break. "I don't wanna do it no more. You said you would come." She runs away crying.

"Dyl–" Emma starts but I stop her.

"Just get ready for work. It's what you do best." I say walking out the room. I walk to Dylan's room and knock on the door.

"Dylan, bebé can I come in?" She doesn't answer but I hear a toilet flush. She has her own bathroom. I open the door and see her coming out the bathroom. She obviously still crying. She's taking her ballet clothes out. She got a new leotard for tonight.

"Bebé come here." I say softly. She doesn't listen. Instead, she wipes here tears and starts getting ready. "Dylan... she said she was sorry?"

"So." She says. "So what. That's doesn't make me feel better. She doesn't wanna come see me."

"Dylan that's not true."

"Then how come she working. She's not supposed to work on Mondays. Today is Monday and she is going to work. She doesn't wanna come." She wipes her tears. She puts on her tights instead on the shorts. She puts on her shoes and laces them with ease. "Munchkin!" She yells out the door. "I'm ready!" Her voice cracks. She sits at her desks.

"Dylan what if we record it for her?" I suggest.

"It's not the same mamá... but fine." She shrugs. Dani come in with hair products. She sets them beside Dylan.

"What's wrong Dylan?" Dani asks as she starts to do Dylan's hair.

"M-mommy isn't coming to my recital." She cries.

"I'm sorry. We'll be there to see you. We can record it for mom to see." Dani combs through Dylan's hair. "That way we can all see it again and again."

"I want her to see it the first time with everyone else." I slip out the room hearing my other kids up to no good.

~Dylan's POV~