thirty-eight

~Emma's POV~

I wake up with my head hurting. It's throbbing. And my stomach. What the hell is going on.

"Gina." I croak. My voice is gone too. Now im really confused. I finally look to my left and see that Gina's not there. I hear the sink on. I try to get up, but my body shuts that possibly down. She comes out the bathroom.

"Good morning baby." I just groan and turn to my side. "Emma what's wrong?" She asks coming to my side.

"I'm sick Gina." My voice squeaks.

She reaches into the drawer of the nightstand and pulls out some medicine. "Here Emma take these. I'll get you some water." She walks to bathroom a comes back with a cup of water. I pop the pills into my mouth and drink all the water.

"Thanks." I say as I hand her the cup back. "Gina."

"Yes."

"Can you get Dylan do me?"

"Yeah I'll be back."

"Yes Mommy." Dylan says entering the room.

"Come here princess."

"Mommy why do you sound like that?" She's standing on my side of the bed looking up at me.

"I'm sick."

"I sorry mommy. I gonna give you kisses." She climbs on to the bed. She gives me several kisses all over my face.

"Thank you Dylan. I want you go ask Dani to take you outside in the back, so Queso can get some air and stretch. You can take him out his cage. Bring a baggie in case he poops. Wash your hand after you come inside."

"Okay Mommy. Feel better." She gives me one last kiss on the forehead before sliding off the bed and walking out.

I myself into a blanket burrito and fall back asleep.

~Regina's POV~

"Alexa, ¿Dónde están tus hermanas (where are your sisters) Dylan y Dani?" I ask.

"Outside in the backyard walking Queso." She says. "Where's Mommy?"

"She's laying down bebé. She's sick."

"I gonna make her a card."

"Mateó!"

"Sí mamá."

"Feed your fish."

"Okay mamá." When he comes back he has a mark in his hand.

"Check off the box that's for today." He uncaps the marker and checks the box.

"All done mamá."

"What do you want to eat?"

"I dunno. Panqueques (🥞)."

"Go ask your siblings if they want pancakes as well." I hear my phone ringing. It's Emma wanting to FaceTime. I answer it. "Hi Emma."

"Gina I'm dying." She starts coughing. It sounds like she coughing up her organs. "See."

"I'm not coming in there. You're on quarantine."

"No."

"I'm sorry, but whatever you have, is not being passed to the kids or myself. Do you want pancakes?"

"Yeah. Dylan gave me kisses so you might want to watch out for her."

"Do you want me to make you some horchata?"

"Yeah." She starts coughing again. It's painful to watch and listen to and watch.

"Emma don't dye and get my pillow away from you. It's probably too late. Remember we need more pillows."