fifty

~Emma's POV~

My phone is ringing. I look at the screen and it's an unknown number. I answer it.

"Yellow." I greet happily.

"Hello Emmy." I panic. There's only one person who calls me that. My first ex-wife, Denice.

"How did you get this number?"

"I asked around. Plus you're the chief deputy of this small town that I just moved to." I don't say anything. "Relax Emmy. I'm not here for you. I moved here with no intention of finding you. I have a daughter and I'm done being crazy for you. Anyway, I've got to go. I have plans with some new people I met. Au revoir." I hang up and pocket my phone.

Regina asked me to be home early tonight. I pack my things and leave.

-at home-

"Hi baby." I say kissing Regina

"Hi Emma." She hands me a beer. "Emma we have guest coming over for dinner tonight. They're new to town. Dylan and I met them at the park two weeks ago."

"Okay."

-thirty minutes later-

"Emma get the door that's them." Gina says from our bedroom.

"Okay." I get up from the couch holding my beer. When I open the door, I see my ex-wife and a little girl. "What the hell are you doing here?!"

"I could ask you the same question." Crazy bitch! How could you ask the same question? I aggressively think to myself. I don't feel bad for thinking she's a crazy bitch.

"Answer the question."

"I'm here for diner. This lovely woman named Regina and her daughter, Dylan invited me."

"Oh Denice, it is you. Come in. Emma move out the way, so they can come in." Regina says. I move over and allow them to come in. "Denice this is my wife Emma. Emma this is Denice and her daughter Samantha."

"Hello Emma." Samantha says to me.

"Hello Samantha."

"Denice make yourself comfortable. Dinner will be ready soon."

"Regina. Uh can I speak to you for a second?"

"Sure."

Once we're in private, I spill the beans. "Regina that's my ex-wife."

"What did say?" My hand was covering my mouth.

"That's my ex-wife." This time I said it too quiet.

"Emma I now can't hear you."

"Denice is my ex-wife." I say clear as day.

"What?"

I start to nervous chuckle. "She's my ex-wife."

"What the hell do you mean she's your ex-wife?"

"Okay remember how I don't like to bring up things from my past because they're too painful." She nods. "Well Denice is one of those painful memories. We were once madly in love, her being my first and we got married. It was for her to move to the states. After about a year when grew apart, well I did. I just didn't love her anymore. She didn't take the break up well and she's crazy. She was fucking crazy. She was the girl who called me Emmy."

"*silence*"

"Regina say something."

"What do you want me to say. I can't change the fact that you lied to me and this is what happens."