fifty-five

~Regina's POV~

"I'm pregnant."

"Oh."

"And I don't know what to do. So my question is... do I tell or just go ahead and get an abortion?"

"Tell her first." She crosses her arms. "Tell her the next time you see her."

"Yeah... I gotta go pick up the kids. Can you tell her I'll back on Monday and that I love her."

"Yes."

"And please don't tell her I'm pregnant."

"Of course. That would be highly inappropriate for me tell her that. That would be crossing a line, so I won't tell her. You have a good day Mrs. Swan." She smiles.

"Thank you." She walks away and I walk off.

-at home-

"Mamá Why is the sky blue?" Mateó ask me.

"I don't know bebé."

"Mamá can we watch a movie in da movie woom?" Dylan asks me.

"Yeah! Can we watch all watch a movie? You too mamá? You never watch with... not since mommy left." Avery says sadly.

"She didn't leave... she's in the hospital." I admit.

"Mommy in the hospital?" Avery asks.

"Yes."

"When were you gonna tell us?"

"I don't know actually."

"Mommy's in the hospital and you didn't tell us. What if she died?! Then we wouldn't have gotten to see her... because you didn't tell us!" Avery shouts. "I wanna see mommy! I wanna my mommy." She cries. "I miss mommy." I go to her and hug her. She hits my chest trying to push me away, but I keep my arms around her. "I wanna see mommy."

"I know baby. I'll take you to see her."

"I miss mommy. I wanna see her." She whines. "Can we go tonight?"

"Uh...?"

"Please!" She begs.

"Yes."

"Can I go alone?"

"If you want."

"I-I wanna see mommy."

"Alright let's go. Pack a bag bebé."

"Really? I can see her?" She whimpers.

"Yeah." I run my fingers through her hair and kiss her forehead. "We can go see her." I wipe her tears. "We can see her."

-at the hospital-

"Ma'am visiting hours are over." The nurse says. As soon as the words left her lips, Avery started crying.

"I wanna see mommy!" She whines. I kneel down in front of her.

"Sweetie visiting hours are over. Your mom is on the second floor room 208." I whisper and she nods. I stand up move her hair out her face. "Why don't you go to the bathroom before the long drive home, hmm? I'm gonna wait in the car out front. Call me when you get there."

"Okay mamá." She whines. She stops crying and wipes her face.

I watch her walk pass the bathroom and press the elevator button. She has her backpack on and her phone in her hand.

~Avery's POV~

I look back at mamá and step into the elevator. The door closes and I go to the second floor. I get out the elevator and look for room 208. Before I go knock on the door I call mamá.