thirty

~flashback~

~Regina's POV~

I'm sitting on the couch folding clothes. Baby clothes. No, scratch that I was folding baby clothes and I got aggravate, so I stop. I'm 39 weeks pregnant and this baby could come at any moment.

"Mateó you can come out any time now." I know he can hear me because I feel him kick.

It's hot and I don't want to be pregnant anymore. Don't get me wrong, I do love the experience just not in the summer time.

"How's my wife doing?"

"I'm tired, fat, and hot. Also this baby has stayed in for too long. That's how I am." I say in salty attitude. I'm literally not even doing anything, but sitting on this couch breathing and talking to Emma. "Emma help me up." She stands up and stands in front of me. "I'm going to take a bath can you come join."

"Sure. I'll run the bath."

I stay in the kitchen and drink some water. She comes back ten minutes later. "It's ready. Come on."

Emma steps in first and I follow after her, sitting between her legs. My hands are on my enlarged belly. After a few minutes, I feel some discomfort. "Emma be quiet."

She stops in the middle of her sentence. I reached my hand down to my crotch and feel something that wasn't there before.

"Emma please tell me that I tripping."

"What's wrong?"

"Feel between my legs and tell me that there's not a head." She reaches between my legs and feels around.

"Yeah there's a head."

"Fuck." I say under my breath. "Well I guess I'm giving birth here because I'm not moving."

"Alright I guess this is happening. Do you want me to do anything?"

"Just hold me. Keep talking."

"What about?"

"I don't know just something."

"Okay... so the other day Munchkin ruined my favorite movie, Toy Story."

"How so," I say still in some discomfort.

"Well I was just still there watching the movie and she asked to join me. I obviously said yes and she sat down on the other couch. Anyways, ten minutes go by and a scene where Andy is playing with the toys. I look at her because she looked like she was holding back on something. So asked her what's wrong. She said and I quote, 'if one of the toys died, Andy wouldn't know and the other toys would just Andy play with a dead toy corpse.' I looked back at her with tears in my eyes—"

"Head's out," I say interrupting her.

"Good, that means progress. Shall I continue?"

"Yeah. Keep talking."

"After she said that, I asked her why she would say that. She said 'you asked,' and walked away. Why kind of seven year old says something like that? I almost cried because she was right. Andy would never know."

"Alright I think I'm ready to push." I say. "This shit hurts. Emma I just wanna say something before I give birth to our son in our bathtub."

"Okay. What is it?"

"Fuck you. For doing this to me. I'm in pain now, so fuck you Emma. I am grateful that you've given me another child, but fuck for knocking me up."