eighteen

~Emma's POV~

Regina's friend Kathryn is coming to town. They haven't seen each other in awhile. It'll be nice for her to spend some time with her other friend.

Gina asked me to pick her up from the airport so that's where I'm at now. I she her come out so I get out the car. I help her put her bags in the trunk and we get in the car.

"So how was your flight?" I asks.

"It was good. There weren't any problems," Kathryn says.

"That's always good to hear. How have you been?"

"Well I've been so busy with work that I don't have any personal time, so I finally decided to take some time off and visit Regina." We made a little more small talk, but the rest of the car ride is silent with music in the background.

When we arrive at the house it take her bags to the guest room. She gets out the car and walk in with her purse.

"Okay Gi-Regina not gonna be here for an hour or two, so I'm going to go take a nap before I have to go back to work. The kitchen is fully stocked if you get hungry. The tv and remote are right here and the bathroom is down the hall." She nods and thanks before I head to my bedroom. I'm super tired from being up early. I put my phone on the charger and removed everything from my pockets. The only things I take off are my shoes and lightweight sweater. I fall asleep so quickly.

**

"Emma. Wake up baby. It's time for you to wake up," my wife says kissing my cheek and forehead. She kisses me on the lips and I kiss her back. "Good you're up. Get ready for work." I start to sit up and wake myself up.

"Hi babe. How was your day?"

"It was good. Thank you for picking up Kathryn. Did you sleep well."

"No problem and I sleep okay. What time is it?"

"2:33"

"Okay I'm going back to sleep."

"Emma don't go back to sleep. Go get ready for work. The earlier you go in the earlier you come back. I want you home before dinner's on the table."

"Okay But I'm not making any promises." I stand up and walk to our private bathroom. I turn the shower on, undress, and get in. After my shower, I put on my uniform. I'm hungry so I grab something to eat and a snack for the road.

"Gina, I'm heading out." I walk back into the room and see Gina reading.

"Okay. Give me a kiss." I kiss her and tell her I love her. "I love you too. Be safe."

"I will," I say giving her on last kiss. I walk out the room and see my kids.

"Hi mommy," the twins say at the same time.

"Mommy," Mateó calls.

"Yes," I say.

"Are you going to work?"

"Yes"

"Can I come with you?"

"Uhh," my face twist as I try and make my decision. "Yeah. Get your shoes and a sweater."

"Yay," he cheers. "Mommy, I gon be a cop just like you. And and I be big and strong just like you too." He puts on his shoes and carries his jacket. He holds his hand out for me to take it and I gladly do. He's so sweet. I love my little prince to death.

Once we're at the station for at least an hour, I get a call from my wife.

"Yellow," I say.

"Emma where is my son!"

"He's here with me."

"And you didn't think it would be a good idea to mention that you're taking him with you?"

"Damnit I knew I forgot something." I mutter.

"Yeah you did... you're gonna give me a heart attack one of these days."

"I know I'm sorry."

"Make sure he eats," was the last thing she said before hanging up. I call her right back because she becomes even more mad when I don't.

"What Emma?"

"I love you Gina,"

"I love you too Emma. Be home soon."

It didn't take long to finish what I had to do at the station. We got home just before dinner. "Honey I'm home," I've grown accustom to saying that phrase even though it pisses Gina off sometimes. "Mateó go wash your hands."

"Hi Emma," she says walking up to me. She gives me a welcome home kiss and goes back to the kitchen.

"Hi kids," I say. "Hello Kathryn."

"Hello Emma," Kathryn says.

"I'm going to play video games call me when the food's ready."

"Don't get to comfortable because dinner's almost ready."

"Okay," I say walking away. I turn my game on and get a few rounds and missions in.

"Mommy, dinner's ready," Carmen says peeking her head into the room.

"Yeah I'll be out in a sec." I end taking another five minutes before being called again.

"Emma!" My wife yells.

"Regina!" I yell back in the same tone. I pause my game and sit the controller down on the chair.

We eat dinner and chitchat here and there. Before returning to my games I get the kids ready for bed. I bathe Mateó first and then the twins. Gina and Kathryn clean up the kitchen.

By the time I'm done, Kathryn is in the guest room and Gina is in ours. I walk in, remembering to close the door, and see Gina doing some reading. She waits for me to come to be bed.

"Mommy I gotta go potty," Mateó says.

"Mateó I thought you were sleeping."

"I was but now I have to go potty."

"Alright let's go." Everyone except Gina and the two of us. Mateó wanted to learn how to use the toilet instead of diapers. I think it's too early for him but he insists on using the toilet.

"Get the step stool." He get the step stool and places it in front of the toilet and sit on the toilet seat.

"Mommy I gotta go poop"

"We're gonna be here awhile, aren't we?"

"Yep," he says smiling and nodding. I'm sitting on the floor with my back against the wall. I'm so tired. "Mommy don't fall asleep." I open my eyes or at least I try to.

That was the last The I heard Mateó said before I fell back asleep. I was awoken by my wife standing in the doorway. I look to my left to see Mateó still on the toilet, only he's sleeping. He arms are on his knees holding his head up.

"Emma wake up. I'll take care of Mateó. Go lay down, baby you're tired." She cleans up Mateó and puts him in his bed. I can't believe we both fell asleep on the bathroom. That's also another one of Mateó and I's many talents. We can fall asleep anywhere and anytime. He's picked up my amazing catching skills too.

I make it to the bed and Gina soon comes in after me. I take my clothes off and sleep in my underwear. I lay on my stomach as back is exposed. I don't think Gina is wearing much either. I reach my hand over and feel around.

"Emma what are you doing? Stop that tickles." She chuckling. I love her laugh. That's why I try to make her laugh and smile every day. I turn my head to face her. She looks at me with those beautiful breathtaking brown eyes.

"You're beautiful," I say without hesitation. She blushes like crazy and thanks me with a kiss.

"Emma,"

"Yes Regina."

"I love you."

"And I love you."