twenty-five

~Emma's POV~

"Gina," I say. I haven't heard from her I while. "Gina!"

"What!"

"Where are you? I wanna talk to you."

"I'm in my office," she says. I walk to her office. There she is, just sitting in her swivel chair. "Hello Emma."

"Hello Regina," I mock. She chuckles a little. "Do you wanna go away?"

"Depends on what you mean. Do you want me to go away or are you asking me to go away on a trip?"

"The second one," I say holding up two fingers.

"Where?"

"I don't know. You pick."

She puts her pen down and looks at me. "You want me to pick?"

"Yes. So pick someplace nice," I say standing up. "Try not to be cliché."

"España (Spain)."

"Well that was quick. Spain it is."

"Are the kids coming?"

"No," I say walking out. The office.

~Regina's POV~

"Mamá," Dylan says looking for me.

"In my office bebé."

"Mamá," She says when see me. "¿Puedo tener leche (Can I have milk)?"

"Sí bebé."

"Mommy," I hear Avery call for Emma. I see her walk pass my office because the door is open.

"Mamá, can I color in here?" Mateó asks.

"Go ahead papi. Sit at the table over there." He sits at the table and beings to color.

By now Dylan has gotten comfortable and latched on. I
stroke through hair. She asked me to take out her braids yesterday and I did. She's just like Emma, they both don't like to do anything with their hair. Just ponytail, down, or a messy bun.

"Mateó," I say.

"Yes mamá."

"What do you want for dinner?"

"Pasta," he says smiling.

"What kind?"

"The one with the white sauce and pollo (chicken)."

"Chicken and broccoli (Ziti) Alfredo?"

"Yes."

"Okay." I look down to see Dylan drifting off to sleep. But she's still suckling. She's adorable. "Dylan," I say softly. Eyes open to look at me, but see soon closes them. "Bebé are you tired?" She simply nods. She stops sucking. I see that she is asleep. I sit her up and she wakes up. I cover up, but she tries to stop me.

"Mamá I not done."

"But you're falling asleep bebé." She agrees and let's me close my shirt. She straddles me and lays her head on my chest. Her arms wrap around my torso and she falls asleep. She can be light sleeper at times, so I try my best not to move. I continue to grade papers.

"Mamá I gotta go to the potty."

"Okay papi." He walks out the room and in the direction of the bathroom.

"Mamá... mamá." I hear being murmured. I look down and see Dylan speaking in her sleep.

"Dylan bebé." I say softly.