forty-three

~Emma's POV~

I just got back to the house to spend time with my beautiful wife. I had to drop Dylan off at preschool. I enter the house and take off my shoes.

"Gina."

"Emma." I heard. It sounded like she was crying. I rush to our bedroom to find her crying. "Emma." She cries.

"Baby what's wrong?" I say coming closer.

"The baby." She points to in between her legs. She's bleeding.

"Oh." I climb into bed with her and hold her close as she cries. "I'm sorry Gina."

"Emma our baby." She just hold me as I hold her.

"It's gonna be okay Gina. Things like this happen. I got you." She cries and and cries. I kiss her head. "Hold on gina I'll be back." I walk to the bathroom and turn on the shower. I go back to our bed. "Gina come with me. Let me take care of you." She slowly moves to the edge of the bed. "Are you in pain?"

"No." I help her undress and tell her to get in the shower. I go to the tub and run a warm bath. She's crying. I hate when Gina cries sad tears. I tell her to come out the shower once the bath is done. "Emma." She says. "Can you get in with me?"

"Yes." I strip and get in behind her, so I can hold her. I wrap my arms around her as she cries. I shed a few tears as well. "It's gonna be okay baby. We'll get through this." I say.

"Emma I don't know what happened. He was here and now he's not. Our bebé."

"I don't know Gina either. We can go to the doctors today."

"Okay." She says softly. She turns perpendicular to me, so she can lay her head on my chest.

*

-at the doctors-

"Okay Mrs. Swan, so said you woke up and there was blood between your legs and on he sheets."

"Yes." Gina says lowly.

"I'm going to run an ultrasound just for precautions." She squeezes some of that blue gel and rubs the grey wand on Gina's stomach.

I hear something. It sounds like a heart beat. "Mrs. Swan it seems like you're still pregnant. Oh. You're pregnant with twins."

"What?" Gina says. She looks at me and then we look back at the doctor.

The doctor stays quiet for a moment. Su"I think you were pregnant with triplets and one of them miscarried. Now it's twins. I see an empty sack where the third baby was. Your body will get rid of it naturally. Other than that your twins are healthy."

The doctor wipes Gina's belly and tells her to get dressed, before leaving the room.

"Gina." I say.

"Emma it's twins."

"What are we gonna do now?"

"Call Zelena." She shrugs.

-back at the house-

"Zelena is here." I say to Gina.

"Okay." Gina says.

I open the door and let Zelena in. "I came as soon as possible. Is everyone okay?"

"Yes." I say. "We actually have some news. Please sit."

"Okay. What is it?"

"Well this morning Regina had a miscarriage." Zelena's face sinks. "When we went to the doctors today they said she was still pregnant." I look at Gina.