sixty-nine

-Saturday afternoon-

I found something that was given to me by Henry's (birth) mother, Lily. It's an antique pocket watch that meant a lot to me. I thought I lost it years ago.

 I thought I lost it years ago

It's beautiful. I rub my finger over the front of it. It's one of the best things anyone's ever given me. I stand up and go down the latter of our attic. I walk downstairs to Henry's room.

"Hey Henry." I door on the door.

"Hey mom." He closes his book and sits up. I walk to the end on of his bed and sit. "What's up?"

"Nothing much. I have something for you." He moves closer to me. "It's was a gift to me from your mother." I see his face sadden. "Here." I hand it to him. "I think you'd appreciate it more than me."

"Thank you." His voice cracks. "Did you hate my mom?"

"Of course not." I say honestly. "Don't ever think that. We had our bad moments and our good moments."

"Why weren't you there for her?" I can tell he's about to start crying. "She died alone. I found her after spending the day with my grandma. She was lifeless and alone." He wipes his tears. "I blame myself a lot. I could've stay home that day. I didn't even get to say goodbye. She died all alone." He stands up.

"Henry I'm sorry."

"Why weren't you there for her? For us?" His words hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Henry–"

"No one. She had no one." He sobs. "My mom died alone." He pushes me away and runs out the room.

~Regina's POV~

"Henry what's wrong?" I ask. He's crying on the couch.

"I miss my momma." My heart immediately breaks. I remember when Henry first came to live with us. He cried every night for his mom. All I could do was hold him. I sit next to him and wrap my arms around him. I pull him in close and rub his back.

"I know bebé. Just let out." I kiss his forehead.

-flashback-

~Henry's POV~

"Momma can we play now?"

"Not today baby boy. Momma's tired."

"You're always tired. How come you don't sleep?" I pout.

"Henry momma's very sick. She can't do as much as she wishes with you."

"Can we play tomorrow?"

"Maybe. But for now go get your shoes on. Remember grandma's coming to get you." Momma coughs really hard. It's scary.

"Okay momma." I put on my light up shoes. They have cars on them. "Momma look it they light up." I start dancing making momma laugh. She starts coughing again. It's worst than the last. "Momma are you okay?" I walk over to her. I hug her tight. "I love you momma. I hope you get better."