twenty-seven

~Regina's POV~

It's still February vacation. We're all home. I'm in the kitchen, drinking some water. The doorbell rings and echos through out the house.

"I got it!" I shout walking to the door. Without saying who is it, I open the door. Taken back by who it is, I just stand there in shock.

"Well are you going to let me in or are we just going to stand here trying to heat the outside?" She says.

"Yes come in." I say moving out the way.

"So where's everyone at?" She says.

"They're in their rooms. Have a seat. Would you like something to drink?"

"Yeah, do you have any tequila? 'Cause we got a few things to get off our chests." She sits down on the couch. I walk into the kitchen and check the time. It's 9:47 AM. It's noon somewhere. I get two short glasses out the cabinet and some ice as well. I pour tequila in both glasses and walk out the kitchen.

I see Emma walk into the living room. She thinks it's me on the couch so she kisses her on the temple. "Good morning Gina."

"Thanks, but I'm not Gina." Roni says standing up. Emma looks shocked. "Hi I'm Roni. Regina's older sister and identical twin." Roni says with her hand out. Still in shock, Emma shakes it. Emma turns to me and I say nothing. I take a sip my tequila.

Emma walks over to me and takes my glass. She takes a large swig. I burns her throat because she was most likely expecting it to be water. "Regina really! How many time do I have to tell you, tequila is not water, yet you drink it like it is. It's not even noon." Roni and I both start laughing. Emma doesn't like tequila, more like she can't handle tequila. "It burns."

"No one told you to drink it." I say still laughing.

"You too!" Emma chokes out and looking at Roni. "How do you guys drink this stuff so smoothly."

"I could ask you the same about beer, scotch, whiskey, burin, and rum." I joke.

"I don't know the answer to that either."

"Plus you can hassle vodka straight from Russia, but not tequila."

"Thank you." Roni says taking her glass out my hand. "Emma it nice to meet you."

"The pleasure is mine."

"So what do you do for a living."

"I am the chief deputy."

"You're a cop. That's cool."

"Thanks at least one of thinks that."

"What does that mean?" I ask.

"It means she hates her job." Roni says.

"I do not hate my job. Now the hours, yeah and the paperwork too."

"Mamá," Dylan says walking in. She's only wearing a diaper and her gold name necklace.

 She's only wearing a diaper and her gold name necklace