fifty-seven

~Emma's POV~

It's been a month since my doctor prescribed me medicinal weed. I'm feeling great and I haven't had a seizure since I first started. I'm also super excited because I get to go home.

"Ms. Swan your wife is here to get you." A nurse says.

"Oh boy!" I can't believe I just said that but I'm rolling with it." I sit in the wheelchair with my bag and things on my lap. "I get to go home today." I say mostly to myself.

"Sure." I notice that his tone is somewhat sarcastic. He pushes me into the elevator and presses the button. The vator– that's what I'm calling the elevator now– brings us to the first floor. The nurse pushes the wheelchair past the sliding doors.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"To your wife, remember?" Before I can oppose, I'm somewhere where I don't recognize at all. Im starting to panic.

"What's going on?"

"Ms. Swan please stay calm we're only trying to help you." I look around trying to figure out where I am. There's people moving slowly and talking to themselves. They're all in white hospital gowns and blue robes. Oh hell fucking no! I'm in the goddamn psych ward.

"Why am I here?!" I stand up. I'm fucking scared and acting like I'm insane, which is probably convincing them that I need to be here. "Answer me?!"

"Ms. Swan stay calm or we'll have to sedate you."

"Emma! My name is Emma."

"Okay Emma."

"Thank you. I'll calm down if you tell me why I'm here." I no longer have the bag in my hand and I'm wearing the same thing the other patients are wearing.

"Emma do you know where you are?"

"The hospital."

"Do you know why you're here?"

"I had a brain tumor and fell into a coma."

He makes a face that tells me I'm wrong. "Okay." He looks down.

"Is there something I don't know?"

"Uh... let me get your doctor." He moves swiftly with the wheelchair. I hear a commotion and nurses looking at me.

"Hi Emma." Someone waves at me. She looks like Belle but her name tag says Lacey.

"H-hi."

A different person comes in the picture. "Emma Swan... Hi I'm your doctor."

"What happened to Dr. Marshal?"

"She hasn't been your doctor for some time now, Emma." He says.

"How long have I been here?"

"A little over three years."

"What?!" I nearly fainted.

"Come with me Emma."

"Why?"

"So I can catch you up." I follow the man. "My name is Archie." We go into his office and he closes the door. He sits in his swivel chair and I sit on the couch.

"Can you tell me what's going on?"

"Emma do you remember when your wife came and you had a seizure?"

"Yeah."

"Do you remember what your wife said to you that made you so upset?"

"Yeah. She said she couldn't forgive me?"