twenty-three

~Emma's POV~

"Mommy!" I jump up out of my sleep. I was taking a nap when I was a woken. "Mommy!" I hear it more clearly now; it's munchkin.

"What what's wrong I scream still on the couch.

"Mommy please it hurts!" I hear her start to cry. "Mommy!"

"I coming baby don't cry." I don't know how Gina is sleeping through all of this.

"Hurry. I'm in the bathroom."
I knock on the door and wait. "It's open."

"What's wrong baby? Why are you crying?" She sitting on the toilet.

"I'm dying," she says pointing to her underwear. "What am I bleeding?"

"That's your period." Real nice Emma.

"Huh,"

"Hold on let me get your mom."

"Mommy," she winces. "It hurts.

"Okay I'll be back." I move quickly to the master bedroom to get Gina.

~Regina's POV~

"Gina." I hear slightly. "Regina."

"What!" I say sitting up.

"It's munchkin she got her period and I don't know what to do."

"Where is she?"

"The bathroom. Hurry she's crying." I get up and walk to the bathroom. My poor bebé.

"Dani mamá's here." I close the door behind me.

"Mamá it hurts," she says holding her stomach.

"Alright bebé you're going to be fine. I promise."

"Okay."

"Stand up for me bebé," I say softly.

"I don't want to I made a mess."

"You're Okay just stand. I'll clean the mess." She stands up and I see the mess that she's made on the toilet seat. I tell her to strip and when she finishes I wrap a towel around her. "Dani I'm going to run a bath for you and explain to you why this happened. Okay," I speak calmly to her so she understands. "Actually that's not a good idea. Take a shower first and then after you can take a bath."

"Mamá it hurts."

"I know bebé. It only last for a few days."

"A few days!"

"Sí bebé a few days. But it's not the same for everyone." I turn the shower on and tell her, "Dani when you finish, call me back in. I'm going to be right in the living room."

"Okay." I walk out and go to her room. I grab some clothes and go to my room. I go into one of my drawers and get some pads. She takes ten minutes in the shower before calling me. "Mamá, I'm finished."

"Okay I'm coming now." She has a new towel wrapped around her. "Okay Dani. I got some comfy clothes for you. You see your underwear here in my hands." She nods. "I'm going to put what's called a pad in them. This is to stop the blood for getting all over the place." I open it a show her how to put in her underwear. She steps into them and puts the rest of her clothes on. I tell her to go to her room to lay down until I come in.

I quickly pick up her dirty clothes and put them in the dirty clothes. I wipe down and bleach the toilet.

"Mamá did Dani die?" Alexa and Avery a standing in the doorway.

"No bebés she didn't die. She's just going though something personal right now. You can comfort her in a little bit. Okay."

"Mamá are you sure she didn't die. That's a lot-a blood."