83 ~ before we go

You were about to leave to Hogwarts. Everyone was getting ready but you still had something on your mind before you could go.

'You seen distracted.' Draco said.

You looked up.

'I just have to do something before we leave.. I'll be right back.'

You got up and walked downstairs. Death eaters were running around the mannor. You looked around and heard Lucius and your dad talking in the distance. You stopped and waited for them to finish.

When Lucius walked away you approached your father. He looked up at you.

'My Lord..  I was wondering if I could have a minute of your time.' You said.

Voldemort was surprised by how you were talking.

'I can spare some time.' He said.

'So.. we're leaving to Hogwarts today.. and I don't know what's going to happen. I was just wondering if you could tell me.. about my mother.' You said.

He just looked at you for a moment and sat down at the table. He pointed at the chair opposite of him. You sat down opposite of him.

Voldemort reached into his robes and put something down on the table. He let it go and moved it over to you. You grabbed it.

It was a small picture. You saw Voldemort..  well before he came back. He still had hair and a nose. He was standing besides a woman. She was like an older version of you.. She was almost exactly like you. She was holding a baby in her arms. That was you.. She was smiling at you and Voldemort had his arm around her while also looking at you and smiling.

They looked really happy.. why did he give you away? You looked up at him. It surprised him that he was taking this with him..

'So you were happy to have a daughter?' You asked.

'Of course I was. Why else would I get you back?'

'I don't know.. Why did you give me away in the first place?'

'There was no one to take care of you. I wasn't sure what was going to happen when I went to the Potters.'

'How about my mum?' You asked. 'Is she still alive?' You asked.

'She was very sick. She became sick just a few days after you were born and she didn't last very long. I tried to get her the right care but there was nothing that could be done.'

You sighed and pushed the picture back to him.

'I wanted what was best for you so I gave you to your original parents but they refused to return you to me. So I had to get you back. You're the only thing that I have left in my life from your mother.'

You looked at him. He had feelings too. It was official. He cared about you.. maybe more then you realised at first.

'I didn't know.' You just said. 'I'm sorry about the way I behaved.'

Voldemort was surprised to hear that.

'I'm just scared.' You admitted. 'I thought that you didn't care about me or about my mother. But you carry this around with you.. I just completely misjudged.'

Voldemort didn't know what to say. You saw that he didn't know. You got up.

'I'll go back. I'll prepare to go.'

'Y/N.. I just wanted to say that you used to have a different name. But then I decided to name you after your mother. Then you immediately know her name too.' Voldemort said while getting up.

You smiled.

'Thank you for telling me this.. I'll see you later..' You smiled.

You turned around and walked away. You walked back up. Draco was still waiting for you.

'Are you okay?' Draco asked.

You smiled and nodded.

'I just wanted to know some more about my mother before this is all going downhill.'

'Did he answer?'

You nodded.

'He carries a picture around of her.. and me. Apparently she was sick. After she passed away Voldemort named me after her.'

'That is actually kinda sweet.. you're making him soft.'

You sat down for a moment. Draco sat down besides you. He grabbed your hand and held it for s moment.

'Just stay with me during the war. We'll be okay.'

'Yeah.' You smiled. 'Lets pray this is over soon.'

'It will be.' Draco smiled and he kissed your cheek.

There was a knock on the door. The door opened and Narcissa walked in. She looked at Draco for a moment.

'Are you okay?' She asked.

Draco nodded. She walked inside and she crouched down infront of him. Draco let you go and turned to his mother. She handed him her wand.

'Harry took your wand. I want you to be safe so you can have mine.'

'How about you?' He asked.

'I'll be okay. Take it.'

Draco grabbed her wand and placed it besides him on the bed. Narcissa grabbed the sides of his face and looked at him. You saw that she was emotional.

'Are you okay?' Draco asked.

You saw tears coming up in her eyes.

'I'm sorry.. I'm sorry for the life you have. I'm sorry for bringing your life in danger.. I'm sorry. I didn't want this for you. I should have stood up for you.. against your father but I couldn't.' She choked. 'And now there's a war and you're on the wrong side.. I just want you to be safe. I want you to do what ever you can to stay alive. Promise me.'

Draco hugged his mother and she hugged him back right away.

'It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself.' He said. 'And I promise mum. I Promise I'll do what ever to survive. I'll make it out alive. So will you.'

She let him go and wiped her tears away.

'I'll do better.. When this is all over I'll do better.'

'You've never done anything wrong. This all isn't on you.' Draco smiled comforting at her. 'I love you.'

'I love you too.' She smiled.