Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Okay. Approach this with an open mind. This request was very unique, definitely one of the most creative and.... shocking? I really liked approaching this. It takes this fandom (NASCAR) into a whole new realm. Forgive me if I didn't portray it in the right ways.. this is very new to me. Butttt I was thoroughly intrigued. For CommentsbyNightwing

Thank you for such an interesting request! I really enjoyed this one ^.^ (With that being said, it was out of my expertise) 

~~~

Nightwing held many secrets. One, the most mind-boggling of all, was her existence. To the human population, to the world, as the homo sapiens knew it, she was simply a vehicle-- a source of transportation. A way to get from A to B-- or, a device used to race at exhilarating speeds.

She was option two, a race car. A stock car, as the athletes called her. But she was his stock car, Nightwing. A Transformer, known only in children's bedtime stories, not allowed to reveal her true feelings. She struggled with her existence, especially because she couldn't proclaim her true feelings to the one and only Dale Earnhardt Jr. Their relationship was so complicated she had absolutely no idea on how to approach the topic.

Numerous occasion presented themselves for her to reveal her true identity to Dale, however, anxiety, fear of rejection, fear of him fearing her, wins, loses-- you name it. The universe was against letting Nightwing live her true life happy with who she loved.

So after the race, just like any other race, she was wheeled into the back of a trailer and lights were shut out. She used this time to think, to process all kinds of different thoughts (and pep talk herself a lot of the times.) "He's human! There's not even a point," She told herself softly. The same words she shared with herself every week.

At least, she thought she was by herself.

This time, she wasn't so lucky. Dale froze in his footsteps, eyes tracing the various dark shadows of objects around the trailer. The door to the bac was still right wide open, so naturally, he assumed it was the radio or a worker.

Except the voice couldn't come from the radio. The trailer was off. And the workers all flew home already... Confusion sunk in and his feet carried him into the back of the trailer. A stray fan loitering around? A track worker double checking something? But that didn't make sense. It was extremely late. He circled around and inside the trailer but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. His nearly silent steps went unnoticed by Nightwing, which made the transformer continue her little chat with herself.

"And-- and besides! I've made it this far--" Dale jumped back, an embarrassing screech falling from his lips as his back slammed against the wall. Nightwing did the same and screeched herself. "I'm so sorry, Dale!" She was quick to apologize but the shock overwhelmed him. He stayed frozen, eyes wide. Little realizations sprouted from his mind, little things about Nightwing that made this seem all the more real. Like when he heard a struggled gasp from a woman when he crashed or got bumped or scraped on track.

Things began to add up, and as dread crept over Nightwing, the shock drifted away and the emotion was replaced by surprise. "Oh.... oh God. Oh no. Oh no." Nightwing began panicking. "I'm sorry! You're probably really scared... oh god. I'm sorry. I'm a-a transformer." She went through everything she used to practice when she thought about letting Dale know. Only all those practiced speeches were a distant memory. Words of panic flowed fro Nightwing, the explanations shaky and rumbled... barely coherent. "Okay, so I was going to tell you but I didn't want our relationship-- that you don't even know is a thing, to get destroyed. Because I really like you and don't wanna lose you because you're really cool and funny and nice and accepting and--"

"Hold on."

"Yes?" She breathed. Dale slowly stepped forward and took a step closer, eyes still weary but a slight smile appeared on his face. 

"You what? Like me?"

"Oh my God, did I say that?" She screeched and he chuckled. "I'm sorry. I-I'm Nightwing, a transformer. Who's secrets just flooded out." She pouted sadly."

"Nightwing, huh?" He chuckled, slowly sitting on a closed box of extra tools. After a few seconds, his accepting nature allowed his next words to be spoken. "I'm Dale, and I'd like to know more about you."

"Wait..." She breathed, anxiety meshing with confusion. "You do?"

"I do." 

The night was spent with rambles from Nightwing, a rush of acceptance from Dale, and content feelings for Nightwing, who finally was able to speak her truth. Laughs were shared and a whole new level of understanding was reached... and Nightwings crush was elevated to a whole new level.