Waterfall

Your head makes contact with the concrete wall while your opponent goes down, the knife deep in his abdomen.
Suddenly Bucky steps into your blurred line of sight and shakes you softly, trying to get your attention.

"(Y/n) you alright?" His voice sounds distant as your head throbs and causes you to rest your hands on your knees.

"Give me a second." You waved him off and stood back up.

"You have a concussion. Come on we have to get out of here, can you walk?" He asked while looking around the corner for any more enemies.

You nod and push yourself off the wall but immediately stumble but to your luck Bucky caught you before you could pass out on the floor.
He pulls you close to his side, giving you balance in your stance and checks if you're still responsive.

"I got you, don't worry. Now all we have to do is find the exit." Bucky chirped with fake enthusiasm and half dragged you through the hallway.

You're not of much help to him so Bucky has to take out soldiers with one hand while the other is wrapped around your side to make sure you keep walking.
You trip over a corpse and catch yourself at the wall, a concerned frown forming on Bucky's face.

"I think I'm good." You mutter and give him a small smile but his pout remains.

You follow him outside and through the woods until you hear the sound of running water and inch closer to the edge of the cliff.
Approximately 60 meters below you, a river is running wildly and later forming into a waterfall that leads into lake but as you look down, you already know that your chances at survival are slim to nonexistent if you were to fall.
Bucky takes a look down and his expression turns into a grimace as he looks around for another way out.
Jumping to the other side was not an option with your condition.
Usually he could do it, it was a distance of five, maximally seven meters but you could barely stand on one leg, let alone leap over a river.

"We need to find another way around. You're not going to make it if we jump." Bucky said and started to tug you back into the woods but you pulled back your arm.

"We just need to reach the shoreline before we hit the waterfall." You suggested and looked back down.

"(Y/n), we can't-" Bucky said but he was cut off by the sound of a gun cocking.

"Stay where you are!" The Hydra Agent came closer and Bucky protectively positioned himself before you.

Unfortunately, your head acts up again and you lose your footing, staggering backwards and fall.

"(Y/n)!" Bucky cries and doesn't hesitate to jump after you.

Your fail to grab his extended hand and before he can reach you, your body hits the water and goes under right away.
Bucky follows shortly and frantically looked around when he reached the surface.
The flow of the river takes Bucky with it and drowns him momentarily but as he resurfaces, a thick branch is hanging over him and he manages to grab onto it before he's carried away by the current.

"(Y/n)!" His eyes try to find your black uniform, floating in the water but he can't see nothing but rocks and water.

Dangling by the branch, he finally sees you, conscious and hanging onto a rock that's sticking out of the water.
He sees how you struggle to pull against the stream that threatens to drag you down to the waterfall.
A large gash on your forehead is only worsening the headache and Bucky's blood runs cold when your arms give up and you disappear in the water.
He let's go of the branch and manages to reach your unconscious form and wraps his right arm around your waist and tried to pull himself towards the shore before the both of you can fall down the waterfall.

"A little help would be nice, (y/n)." He groaned but you were still out.

The fall was only a few meters away and Bucky heaved you onto the shore, inches from the last rock that divided you from falling to your death and lifted himself out of the water.
Immediately his hands pushed down on you in attempt to get the water out of your lungs and restart your heartbeat and a relieved sigh came from as you started coughing and rolled on your side to throw up the water.
You calmed down and noticed Bucky watching you so you gave him a small smile.

"I'm fine." You huffed out and Bucky rolled his eyes before he helped you to your feet.

To your surprise, he pulled you into a tight hug and placed his head on top of yours.
You grin as you wrap your arms around him and take a deep breath.

"Don't you dare do that again! I thought you were dead." He whispers and let's go to cup your cheeks and make you face him.

"It takes more than a little bit of water to kill me, Bucky." You chuckled and you limped in the wood.

"Still. I need you around. Preferably not as a water corpse."