6.18.18

Our time is up
Your eyes are shut
I won't get to tell you what I needed you to know

He knew their days were numbered.
At some point, something was bound to happen and now her eyes were closed forever.
He didn't get a chance to tell her how much he loved her one more time because they took her from him.

It's dark enough
The moonlight doesn't show
And all my love
Could never bring you home

He couldn't bring himself to visit her grave in daylight so once the sun set and the moon came up, he found her resting place among the countless others.
The moonlight also succeeded to conceal the tears that raced down his cheeks when he read her name on the granite.
You can't love someone back to life, they said.
But you can try, he thought.

There's no more stars to find
And I'm too far behind
And I'd love to let you go
I'd love to let you go

Looking up into the night sky, he frowned at the darkness his eyes were met with.
Not only the sparkle of her eyes has dimmed, the sky itself mourned her passing by going completely dark.
He'd love to move on from her, like she told him to but she consumed every thought that raced through his mind.
There wasn't a thing he did that didn't remind him of her.

You're all that's on my mind
I called a thousand times
And I have to let you go
But I love you more and more than you could know

She was everything he ever wanted and needed and he loved her more than life itself.
When he found himself calling her name into the night, thousand times like a prayer, he hoped she would answer him, tell him that she'd come back but she didn't.
Sometimes he thought she didn't even know the extent of his love for her.
He'd kill and die for her, go to the edge of the world for her but now that she was no more?

I sat alone
Awaited your reply
Was driven home
When I started to cry

The message hit him out of nowhere and he was alone when he found out that her life was on the line.
Fetched by his friend, he was driven to her with millions of scenarios of what could've happened to her running through his mind and he only noticed that he was crying when a sympathetic hand landed on his shoulder.

I should've known
I should've said goodbye
I only hoped
I would've had more time

He should've known, his presence alone was a risk to her life but she always reminded him that she'd be with him, no matter what comes.
He wished he had said goodbye to her this morning properly but he couldn't have known that it would be the last time they see each other.
He knew that his past wouldn't allow them to be together for long but five months were unfairly short.

There's no more stars to find
And I'm too far behind
And I'd love to let you go
I'd love to let you go

As he was standing before her final resting place, he remembered the look in her eyes whenever she was with him.
After his mother, she was the first one to look at him with love in her eyes and she would surely be the last.
He wasn't going to move on from her, he knew that even if he tried to let her go, she'd always remain in both his heart and his mind.

You're always on my mind
And I called a thousand times
And I have to let you go
But I love you more and more than you could know

It wasn't supposed to end like this.
They were supposed to part in peace, not with their hearts ripped out.
He'd never known joy until he met her and how was he supposed to keep going without the woman who showed him that you could also love your life instead of suffering through every day.
But without her, it was back to suffering through the 24 hours and he was condemned to repeat this every day until he died because he could never love someone else as much as her.
No one would ever love him like that in return.
Only she did, and she was gone.

A/N: I know, I know 'not another song fic' but it's the only thing I could come up with and this XXX tribute by Billie Eilish is too sad not to write about.
Bear with me, I'll try to write some actual story