//Chapter 55//

WARNING ---- This chapter involves Self-Harm. Just wanted to give you a heads up. So if you don't want to read on... That's fine. This will be the only chapter that involves it so you should be fine for the next one.....

-----------------------------

He sits. Disgust. Shock. Hurt... every emotion is visible on his face after i finish explaining everything with Kay.

"An i don't know what to do anymore mate" i sniffle, wiping my nose and the tears away with my jacket sleeve "I'm out of options. Out of people to help with her"

He leans forward, resting his elbows on his legs "well that's not gonna help you" he points across to the drugs still in my hand "don't go down that road again mate" he gives me a stern look as he shakes his head at me disapprovingly.

"It's for Kay" i quickly tell him. Like that's somehow better. When it's not. I fucking bought her drugs. Who does that?! I'm supposed to be helping her. The fuck am i doing?

I open the bag, emptying it out onto the wet concrete.

He nods, giving me a small smile at my choice to get rid of this shit. Now what?

"So what now?" he asks, reading my thoughts. He stands, shrugging his jacket off

"I'm all out" i shrug. Annoyed that that's the best answer i have "what you doing?" i ask with a chuckle as he places his jacket around my shoulders.

"You're shivering mate" he laughs along. Clearly feeling awkward from his kind gesture

"I'm just tired" i tell him honestly

"Can tell. You look worn down" all humor and laughs gone now

I nod, agreeing "what do i do?" i ask for a bit of advice. I just need a little help. From someone. Anyone. That's all i'm asking for. Is that too much to ask?

"well first, you need to get right yourself" i give him a confused look "you can't help anyone untill you're hundred percent yourself" I know what he's saying is right.

"I don't have the time to get right myself George. She's gonna do something stupid if i don't get her the right help, an pretty sharpish"

"then get her the help then?" he tells me, like it's just that simple. That easy. I wish it was.

"What you think I've been trying to do?" i give him an annoyed look. I'm really not in the mood for his smart ass comments right now.

"Mate" he pauses to take a big breath in "there's... professionals who know how to deal with this shit" he says it, but keeps his eyes away from me. Already knowing I'm not gonna allow or agree to any shit like this.

"No. No fucking way!" i spit at him before standing "she's not a mental person!" i shout in his face. This is one of the reasons i didn't want people knowing. Labelling her and assuming they know what she's going through and what she is "She's still Kay. The same old Kay. She's just....-"

"gone mental" George shrugs as he speaks, but he said it so confidentally. Like it's the truth. Like, that's what she is an there's no point in sugar coating it. Like that's what she is, but that's okay...?

Is it.. okay?

Is that... what she is?

The rain suddenly, strangely just comes to a stop. The dark fading fast as the sun breaks through the clouds. We both look up, watching in disbelief. I clear my throat

"I'm gonna get off anyway" i point behind me

"Well you know where i am" he stands too. Setting off, walking past me