Gusu Bunnies

I approach the Gusu Zither with utmost respect, placing it on my lap, I strike the first chord and in an inter dimensional universe, playing the Zither opposite to mine is Gusu Lan's First Female Elder Lan Yi.

Sucked out of the vortex, Wei Ying holds my shoulder to stabilize me and in unison we turn to our elder

"Who are you?" She questions with a pleasent voice and we introduce ourselves. With a kind smiles she greets us and just then we notice little bunnies running around sporting the Gusu Band on their forehead.

The exhilaration in Wei Ying's eyes makes it a picturesque that time would frame forever. When my eyes seek elder Lan Yi, her smile speaks worth million words. She caught me staring at him. Not wanting to embarrass myself more, I seek her attention as to why is she inside this cave. That is when she reveals the entire history of the Yin Iron.

A metal which destroyed all the clans and with her powers she has been protecting one of the pieces.

"I can only do so much. Everyday my powers are diminishing, I need your help to find the rest and seal them all once again for no one should ever use them."

"Please don't worry Elder Lan Yi, we both shall find all the missing pieces and help to restore the balance just as before." Having faith in our oath, Elder Lan Yi hands over the broken seal to me.

Little did we all know that was never going to happen.

Her soul disappears and Wei turns towards me "Lan Zhan."

"Hm?"

"We can't let them be here all alone." Pointing  towards the bunnies he continues, "We need to set them free." Picking one up delicately his compassionate eyes meets mine with a plea, "They have the right to live and here they're so lonely." His voice is solemn and I reminisce the young Wei I once met.

"We can't bring them back to Gusu. Uncle won't allow." I remind him. Not one to be flustered he keeps up his plea, "Please."

Unable to keep up the charade I turn away.

"Lan Zhan," his voice breaks my heart "please just look at them?"

Oh Wei.

Without turning back I say, "Let me see what I can do." Just as I am about to walk, I am pulled back and we realise that the Gusu Band is still binding us in union. Turning back to look at Wei, his grin says it all. "Lan Zhan," with a tug at my hand he unties the band and points towards my forehead,"Do you want me to tie it for you?"

My heart thumps.

Giving him a mock glare I retort, "Shameless" and walk out of the cave.