One Promise

"Lan Zhan, you're here" Wei Ying with a smile
enquires "is Jiang Cheng still in Cloud Recess?".

"Yes"

"Good" turning to look at Wen Ning he instructs "go back to Gusu right away and tell ZewuJun and Jiang Cheng about my plan" he pauses as his gaze meets mine "ask them to be ready for a battle".

"Yes Master Wei" Wen Ning bows down and takes his leave.

"Come with me Lan Zhan" Wei's voice was soft as he takes my hand in his "you came" he smiles and we start walking through a trail I had never taken before.

"I promised you" I remind him and notice his aura was dark and yet at this very moment all I wanted to do was take him in my arms.

"Yes you did. You never break your promise do you?" it was a rhetorical question which did not warrant an answer from me. As we walk together, the forrest  becomes more dense but I wasn't worried. With him around, I was always safe.

"We're here" he stops and I look around with a familiarity that makes my heart hurt. This is the same place where he became The Yiling Patriarch. Back in my dream, this is where he was thrown by the Wen Clan only to find the Yin Iron Sword.

"I am assuming you know this place. You've seen it in your dreams haven't you?" He enquires and I nod "Yes Lan Zhan, this is the very place where The Yiling Patriarch was born. Magnificent right?" He was sarcastic and I chose not to comment.

Guiding me to a huge rock which was chiseled out to be a bench he says "Take a seat Lan Zhan" and I comply. He on the other hand kneels in front of me and places his head on my lap.

I was taken aback by the gesture of his. Wei Ying, what's wrong? I place my hand on his head and that's when I find the pin, the same pin that I once had gifted him, fastened against his hair. It was gleaming under the darkness.

"Lan Zhan" his voice was coarse as he slowly turned his head up to look into my eyes. His were heavy with guilt, sadness and darkness.
"You have always kept your promise, would you keep this one last promise too?".

For some reason my heart couldn't bear the pain it was going through. Is this going to be our farewell to eachother Wei Ying?

Something in my eyes must have given him a hint to where my thoughts were leading and he instantly cupped my cheeks "Lan Zhan if you promise me what I am about to ask you, we would be together for a long long time".

"Wei Ying, I..." He kisses my lips and whispers "Please Lan Zhan, hear me out. Please" and all I could so is plead with him through my heart.

Smiling his gaze meets mine and slowly his fingers reach the back of his head and he removes the pin. His luscious locks curtains around his face as he places the pin in my palm and closes them "Lan Zhan, for the past two day I have been meditating here trying to get in touch with various corpses and especially the one corpse that mattered the most, Nie Mingjue's. It was he who informed that his master is waiting for me at Nightless City. Isn't it an irony Lan Zhan that we seem to be going back to the very start of it all? The man possess a very dark matter that has a part of Stygian Tiger Seal but there is something far more sinister and that I need to find out" he pauses and kisses my forehead "I need your help".

"How?" My voice is a mere whisper.

"I cannot fight them in this realm. I need to go back to the Diabolical Realm, my realm and fight them there" he looks at the pin and then gives me a sad smile "this precious gift that you had given me, I have been cultivating it for past two days. Lan Zhan, there will come a time when my soul will disappear from this world and the battle will continue there".