No Sweet Words?

Protecting and saving Wei, is of the utmost importance, it's only then I realise that the person in front of me is Xue Yang. Years ago, we had captured him, and years later, he was yet again captured by Xiao XingChen and was imprisoned by Jin Guang Yao. So how come, the man in front of me, who was supposed to be implicated, be standing here, wielding Shuanghua, Xiao XingChen's sword.

Well whatever it might be, I am sure when the time is right, Wei will fill me up.

"Hanguang-Jun" Xue Yang grins "seems the you're true to your name".

"Leave" I command and Wei Ying immediately understands my predicament. If he is here, I won't be able to use Bichen's power, afraid that he might be hurt in the process.

He leaves and Bichen's powers magnify. Xue Yang is powerful, but not more than me. Had it been the old me, I wouldn't have cared but right now, I have something very precious at stake.

"Hanguang-Jun" I suddenly hear Wei Ying call "I am not needed here. I'll leave you to manage this battle".

"Hm" is all I could muster when I hear Jingyi's voice amidst the fog "What! That's it?"

"What do you mean?" I can hear Wei Ying question and knowing Jingyi, it is going to be something ridiculous.

"Aren't you and Hanguang-Jun close? I mean you even share Jingshi. Shouldn't you guys be... I don't know, more concerned for eachother like 'I can't leave you, Hanguang-Jun' - 'no, you must leave' - 'if I leave, then we shall leave together' - 'you know that's impossible' - 'yes, so let's win this battle together' eh?".

If I wasn't fighting Xue Yang, either I would have appreciated Jingyi or would have punished him for having such thoughts.

"What? Where did you learn such things? Could you ever imagine, Hanguang-Jun, using such words? I trust him, implicitly. Why would we waste precious time on such meaningless words?" At that I smile. It's a good thing the fog is thick, my expressions are hidden as a veil.

But my happiness is not for long, a group of walking corpse attacks us suddenly. Bichen in one hand, I summon my most trusted Wangji. Together they battle a duel against the evil.

I hear Wei and the kids escape and my task of managing and defeating Xue Yang increases.

"Hanguang-Jun, once I defeat you, it would be easy to kill that man too!" He tries to provoke me "I once heard from someone that you were mourning for the Yiling Patriarch. To be frank I was shocked. The informer did tell me that your liking towards the Yiling Patriarch was more than platonic. Who would have gussed the pure and chaste Hanguang-Jun, having such nefarious thoughts?"

I stay quiet and channelize my thoughts to defeat the man in front of me.

"Hanguang-Jun" he laughs lightly "I once thought I too could feel for someone else, until one day, it was ripped away from me".

Just then I hear a bamboo pole tapping the ground, the same one from before.

"Hanguang-Jun!" I hear Wei Ying call my name "follow the pole, she will help you".

Paying attention to Wei Ying's instructions, I closely listen to the pole tapping the ground, I realise the tap follows wherever Xue Yang hides. Until now, he was quick to run and hide behind the fog, but with the taps, I could easily detect him.