Past ~ Part 3

(A/n: this chapter is from Lan Zhan's POV. So sit back and enjoy as I will be touching on some issues that I hope I can write well. Njoy!)

Walking into Jingshi I knew for a fact that Wei Ying was indeed not at home

Walking into Jingshi I knew for a fact that Wei Ying was indeed not at home. It was too quiet and for some reason I was truly uncomfortable. Having him around here is the only reason I like coming back to a home. Our home.

The moment I step into our bed chamber I can sense the faint scent of the sandalwood. Looking around I find an old beautiful burner atop of my desk. It was slightly warm. I have never seen this before. Did Wei bring this home? I carefully light up the incense stick and place it inside the burner. Closing the lid, I take a deep breath and sit down to meditate.

Where is Wei Ying?

At that precise moment I realise something is terribly wrong. My breathing becomes laboured and I for some reason I feel intoxicated. Before I could intimate my brother, my vision blacks out and another appears.

I open my eyes to find myself amidst vast terrains of mountains surrounding me. I am perplexed to understand what is going on?

"Are you sure about this?" I hear a familiar voice of a young lady from afar and I proceed towards the voice. My feet halts when I hear his voice "I am sure". On hearing his voice I quicken my steps to find it leading me into a cave and there, right in front of me lays two bodies. One awake the other unconscious. The lady who was asking the question was Lady Wen Qing and the one answering her was my Wei Ying.

The one who was unconscious was Jiang Cheng and tending to him by stabilizing him was Wen Ning.

What is this?

"Remember there is no going back Wei Wuxian. Once you transfer your Golden Core, you can never live the life of a Cultivator" as she warn about his Golden Core, my world stills.

What?

Golden Core?

Looking around I realise that for some reason I am witnessing a past event and this right here was creating a future that none of us had ever expected it to change the course of time.