Resurrection

(A/n: Before I start, I would like to say that I love you guys. Staying patient and accepting whatever I planned to write and reading it with lots of love. I hope with this chapter, I can do some justice, for the most awaited moment. This is with a twist. This chapter is not from Lan Zhan's POV. This is "His" POV).

Let's begin.

It was dark

It was dark. Absolute dark. He was exhausted. He was giving up. His entire life had been a joke. He had been a joke. None had taken him seriously. He too had ambitions. Aspirations. Love. Timid heart. Mischievous soul. None mattered anymore. He was broken. Truly. His trust was shattered. He gave up.

Shackled to the last remaining resentment, he drew an incantation from his own blood. To summon the supreme evil itself, and supreme evil he did summon.

Yiling Patriarch.

It was an end of one soul and a resurrection of another.

"Wei Ying"

"Wei Ying"

In the midst of utter darkness, my eyes sprung open. Lan Zhan? I look around, but there is no one. Where am I? What is this place?

Is this what heaven looks like? Wait! Why would I be in heaven? Don't tell me this is what hell looks like? I laugh. Well hell can't be so peaceful!

Sigh! Where am I?

"Yiling Patriarch" a voice suddenly booms "it is me, Mo Xuan Yu who summoned you!"

Summoned? Why would someone summon me? Am I responsible for someone? Do I have something more to give? Haven't I given up enough?

"Go away" I yell to no one in particular "you disturbed me from my slumber" I turn away "Get lost" now I am irritated. What kind of prank is this?

Suddenly a bright light flashes in front of me and I am totally blinded by it. What do you expect? For a person who has been in perennial darkness, for him to face such bright light! Argh.

A figure crouches in front of me. As the light fades away, he slowly turns to face me and I gasp. His face is marred with unbearable scars. His body reeks of puss and he is so frail.