Reunion

"Lan Zhan" Wei smirks "right on time to save me" with a wink he moves back and leaves me all alone to fight the unruly corpses whilst he fought off the corpses that were headed the other way.

With the help of Wangji defeating them were not much of an hassel and glancing at the other direction, seemed the battle was almost over.

Walking towards Wei who was crouching and checking for something on the body of the fallen corpse, it was when the young girl fighting by Wei's side raised her bow and arrow and pointed it towards Sizhui did I realise the error and before anyone could react, she strung them and hit the mark. The corpse behind the boys instantly collapsed on the ground. Smiling proudly at her achievement she turned to look at me, with a graceful bow she greeted me "Hanguang-Jun".

By now Wei was grinning as he quietly pocketed an object into his inner robes "Lan Zhan, this is Wu Meiming" and turning towards her he laughed "good aim" with a pat on her back he ambles to where I am and very softly he cups my cheeks, not being bothered even a bit that we're being watched, he places his head on mine and whispers softly "I am so glad you're here". His voice held slight tremors and I knew this journey was affecting him. Right this moment nothing else mattered and so very softly I brought my palm forward and caressed his hair.

"I am here" I whisper back.

His gaze meets mine and they behold so many unsaid emotions. With a nod he turns to look at the boys "Ah, I missed you all! I hope you haven't caused too much troubles for yourself" he locks his arms around Jingyi and they immediately start frolicking around him.

A movement by my side, I keenly watch Wen Ning collecting the arrows and giving them back to Wu Meiming. As he raises his head his gaze meets mine and he bows.

"Boys" Wei calls for their attention "I have someone whom you all should meet and get yourself acquainted with" he gestures to the kid "this is Wu Meiming. She's a brat like you all so don't fall for her charms" he chuckles "but if you do fall for her then you have my blessings" the immediate reaction of the boys were to be embarrassed and Wu Meiming simply shook her head.

The more I observed her the more she reminded me of Wen Qing. Strong willed, subtle smile and above all tolerant towards Wei's horrendous pranks. She could not be more than 15 years old. Her spiritual powers were strong. Yet she seemed not to be from a known clan.

"Lan Zhan?"

"Hm"

"Shall we head back to the inn where we have been staying?" Wei Ying smiles and I nod. Following him we enter a modest Inn. Booking two more rooms for the boys we each head to our assigned room to rest and then agreed to meet in the dining room for dinner.

On reaching our room he pushes me roughly against the wall and kisses me with fervor "I missed you so much" with another kiss he pants "I love you". My hands on his waist stills and I look into his eyes. They were faint red.

"Come back to me Wei Ying" I kiss his right eyelid "please" and then his left.

"For you always" he grins and turns away "I am going to take bath first. Wanna join me?" He throws a wink beyond his shoulders and there was no further discussion.