Concern

An imperceptible movement outside Jingshi does not go unnoticed by me. Kissing Wei on his forehead I leave him on the bed. Covering myself with the Lan Gusu robe I walk outside to find Wen Ning staring at the WuJi with wide eyes. The pair is suprised to find someone here at this wee hour in the morning. They jump close to him and he takes a hasty step back. It was sweet to watch this interaction for no one would believe that The Ghost General is suprised by the gentlness of the pair but that also concerns me for the fact that he's here which he never steps into Jingshi unless absolutely necessary.

"Wen Ning" I alert him of my presence and he immediately bows down with utmost respect "Hanguang-Jun".

Gesturing him to sit on the patio which he obliges, I enquire "Have you been well? We haven't heard from you in months" and he nods.

"Yes Hanguang-Jun. Under Master Wei's command Wen Ning was in Salt Lake to check on the corpses there" his voice was grave and I detected some concern.

"Something is worng" I comment and he nods "Master Wei suspected some fowl play and he is right".

"What did you find Wen Ning?" Wei's voice echoed from behind us and instantly Wen Ning gets up and bows down.

"Master Wei was right. The corpses are not of ordinary nature. At times even Wen Ning could not control them and is afraid that he has been unsuccessful in finding out the cause for it but" he pauses and his black gaze passes from me to Wei and he continues "the energy that controls them is dark. As dark and powerful as the Stygian Tiger Seal".

Standing by my side I heard his sigh. He suspected this.

"Wen Ning, rest for a while. I'll join you and together we can travel down to Salt Lake" with a bow Wen Ning leaves and Wei walks inside Jingshi. I follow him quietly and observe him taking out his fresh clothes from the chest and placing it on the bed. I was concerned for him. These few months have been blissful but I knew who he was and even if I wanted him to be by my side, that's wasn't feasible.

I turn to leave with an intention of giving him some privacy when he halts my movements and swiftly pushes me against the wall. Gazing lovingly he kisses my eyes "I'll be back soon. Don't worry too much" with another kiss to my lips, he walks into the room to take his bath and I wait for him below the Peony Tree.

How could I not worry? He knew it. I knew it.

Watching him leave is a feeling I need to endure with a knowledge that he always keeps up his promises. He will be back. He has to. He knows his soul is waiting here.

Today I did not have a session with the kids

Today I did not have a session with the kids. If I had I could have stopped the inevitable. Things took a different turn of events when I went into the watch tower to meditate and used my energy to strengthen the borders of Gusu when I heard the bell ring.