6 years : Shameless

This chapter contains Smut?

"Hanguang-Jun, watch out!" a disciple warns just in time for me to turn around and call for the power of my Wangji, playing the chord, I strike against the walking corpse. I assess the situation around me and in matter of few seconds, all of them are eliminated.

"Hanguang-Jun, are you alright?" a few of the disciples run upto me to asses my injuries. Not caring about mine, I enquire about the one's who have succumbed to few minor ones.

"Take them back to Cloud Recess and ask the medical practitioner to have a look at their wounds" they nod "tell ZewuJun, I'll be back in few days. I'll check  the nearby villages and enquire if they have seen or experienced anything untoward" they bow and leave at once.

Since past few days we have heard and observed the menace of the walking corpses have increased. Slowly the rumours of the Yiling Patriarch being resurrected  has been making rounds and I know he isn't back... if he did, the kind spirt would have informed me.

Last night some of our disciples went on a night hunt, only to be injured and wounded. These corpses are not the usual ones. They have some sinister resentful energy behind them and one thing I know for sure, Yiling Patriarch has nothing to do with this.

Our disciples used their flare and I was summoned. Thus the fight ensued and I was present to eliminate them.

Walking around the village and enquiring for if anyone has seen or experienced something has been unproductive. Finally finding an inn, I walk inside to book a room for me to spend the night.

"Young Master, would you like to have dinner? We have some amazing lotus soups" he smiles and I still. Lotus soup? Wei's favourite.

I nod and proceed towards the main dining hall. As the steamy bowl is placed in front of me, I hear a roar of laughter from beside.

"Have you heard, that dog Yiling Patriarch is back? Well if only I could get my hands on him, I'll curse his soul to go back to the realm where he belongs" the minor cultivator laughs.

"Isn't he dead though? How can he be back?" Another questions.

"Well that we're all quite unaware, but from what we hear, Yunmeng Sect Leader Jiang Cheng is whipping anyone who even remotely resembles, that dog" they laugh again and my anger knows no bounds.

Turning and walking upto them, my tone is icy cold "If the Yiling Patriarch 'was' alive, you won't even have the courage to be badmouthing him. You would run back to the hole you were hiding in" I leave the hall where only silence engulfs them.

"Is there any library nearby?" I enquire to the inn's caretaker. Reading calms my mind and right now, I am in dire situation to read. People around me, especially amongst the clans have started taking behind the back of a man who is no longer in existence.